+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Derby Tickets gone

I could really do with some answers please - the Funny Number Crunchers have historically always insisted that if we had to suffer years down in the lower division like they enjoyed, then our crowds would plummet to Funny levels before long. ‘Like Sna’ Aff A Dyke’ I believe was a phrase popularly deployed. Now, I never ever wanted to be in a position to be able to test this theory but well here we are, fourth season down and our crowds are actually going UP and we’ve sold out the home end for any game quicker than in living memory. This shurely musht be shome mishtake? The Funsters are never wrong when it comes to numbers.
    Last edited by JamesMcClean; 05-12-2019 at 08:03 PM.

Google Dundees Footballing Victorians, theres a link to Dundees averages over the years, some interesting figures on it.

We had the first section of the JK for the previous home derby I'm sure.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcClean View Post
    I could really do with some answers please - the Funny Number Crunchers have historically always insisted that if we had to suffer years down in the lower division like they enjoyed, then our crowds would plummet to Funny levels before long. ‘Like Sna’ Aff A Dyke’ I believe was a phrase popularly deployed. Now, I never ever wanted to be in a position to be able to test this theory but well here we are, fourth season down and our crowds are actually going UP and we’ve sold out the home end for any game quicker than in living memory. This shurely musht be shome mishtake? The Funsters are never wrong when it comes to numbers.
    Ok I'll bite and answer... there's no real comparison available due to the introduction of the play offs... I'll admit your crowds have stood up better than I thought...but you have to admit without the playoffs the first 2 seasons especially...your seasons would have been over around February which would've decimated your crowds the way ours have over the years...and the sad fact once people stop going it's difficult to get them to return for anything other than the odd big match...

Quote Originally Posted by petermackie View Post
    I'll admit your crowds have stood up better than I thought.
    Wow. Did I really just read that?

is BOGOF the same deal when we meet them next at dens? or was it a one-off season ticket deal? if so then i doubt they will sell out the next derby at dens.

Then we will all be vindicated in our assersions...

Quote Originally Posted by num1adi View Post
    Might be around the same as the thousand or so Arabs who made it in may 16
    big trophy won then on your biggest ever day as a funster??

nah thought so......

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcClean View Post
    James you make me smile - as do the fun ...

I never thought I’d see the day when I would wake up actually really looking forward to a home game against Alloa. ALLOA FFS! But, what a change in quality, culture, attitude, style, just everything over the last 12 months and it really finally feels like the corner has been turned some nearly FIVE years from that dreadful January transfer window night from where it all went pear shaped. 2800 tix sold for Arbroath already next week and the Derby sell out shows the fans are buying in to it. Nothing to add for today than just keep doing what you’re doing United and the match will take care of itself. I personally wouldn’t risk Shankland today as there really shouldn’t be a need to and I don’t think RN will. It’ll be great to see Johnny Russell pre game the day and let’s secure the three points and move on to Tuesday.

C’MON UNITED!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)