+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Alloa Saturday

Alloa Saturday

Need to focus fully on this now, three weeks since we destroyed QOS so not ideal, hopefully won't affect us too much as very important week, we have had problems with Alloa but in both league games at Tannadice we won them last season 4-2 and 2-1

Every three pts now is huge and hitting home a message to anyone chasing such as ict

I'd keep same team

Seigrist
    Smith Watson Reynolds Robson
    Butcher Stanton
    Appere Harkes McMullan
    Clark

Deniz Connolly Mochrie Chalmers C Smith Pawlett Shankland

2-0 Utd

You are so right, it's the start of a tough week too; 3 games in a week, and two of them 'away' at tricky venues.

We cant take anything for granted. However, if we stick to our current philosophy of 'one game at a time' the confidence we've built up recently with clean sheets and wins should see us through a challenging week.

All important though, is to kick off the week with a win at home on sat. I think a positive result on sat will set us up nicely for the trips to Greenock and Arbroath.

Quote Originally Posted by cybershed View Post
    You are so right, it's the start of a tough week too; 3 games in a week, and two of them 'away' at tricky venues.

We cant take anything for granted. However, if we stick to our current philosophy of 'one game at a time' the confidence we've built up recently with clean sheets and wins should see us through a challenging week.

All important though, is to kick off the week with a win at home on sat. I think a positive result on sat will set us up nicely for the trips to Greenock and Arbroath.
    ...forgot to say though, if Shanks fit I'd have him back in from the start. Can just see him scoring in 30 seconds or something like that

Would be inclined to leave Shankland on the bench for this one, and the Morton game for that matter.

I really do hope that Pawlett also sits this one out but expect him to be shoehorned in!

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    Would be inclined to leave Shankland on the bench for this one, and the Morton game for that matter.
    I really do hope that Pawlett also sits this one out but expect him to be shoehorned in!
    I agree with you about Pawlett, but wondering why would you bench Shankland if fit?

It's a big banana skin, we need to get right at them from the off, they'll be organised and fighting for survival, hopefully a very positive crowd, we are going for 8 wins out of 8 this season in league at the fortress aswell as 10 home league wins in a row all told having started with the win over Ayr in April.

Quote Originally Posted by cybershed View Post
    I agree with you about Pawlett, but wondering why would you bench Shankland if fit?
    If 100% guaranteed fit then i have no issue, but our management have a track record of bringing people back too early. We also have 3 games in the following week and he will get a start in one of them.

I can't see him making changes to starting line up for sake of it, it's a squad game, Pawlett is a very good player when he gets upto speed, he showed that away to Partick, Dunfermline and at home to Dundee, he will be needed this week.

Alloa - as they say in Hawaii 5-0

Quote Originally Posted by LSArab View Post
    Alloa - as they say in Hawaii 5-0
    I think the rest will have recharged the lads nicely and we'll be Alloa them. I think RN will bring Shankland back in.
    At the moment it's hard to see this team conceding but I suppose it has to happen sometime so I'm going
    4-1 and the Shed go marching on on on

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)