+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: West Ham Match Thread

West Ham Match Thread

Here we go. For those that's bothered.

Looks like a cold night at the Mol, lets hope we warm it up with a quick start for a change. Not live here so will be watching on a lousy stream again.

COMB!!!

Scrappy but we'll take it after a luke warm start. 1-0

Jota has got a sly nasty streak to him aint he? Stupid yellow.

Still not convincing in this game are we?

Best of two average looking teams in first half. Need to step it up a notch in the second half. Hammers look poor but they could fluke a goal quite easily.

Jota needs to come off. Ineffectual now.

Personally I thought we were too clever for wet spam and tried to walk the ball into the net

Not as cold as it looked Woody, but our play warmed us up. A comfortable victory in the end, but it should have been more than two goals. As against Sheffield United, we really need to start putting our chances away. I am surprised to see that we shared the possession stats at 50%, because we seemed to be by far the dominant side. We had 13 shots of which 7 were on target to their 3. The visitors tried long balls over the top but our defenders dealt with them comfortably, never looking troubled.

We had Patricio to thank for two superb saves, one in each half or the score line could have been different. Traore was the target for several crude challenges again, he really is at the top of his game at the moment. Defenders must be dreading him running at them. His speed off the mark is incredible, zero to top speed in two strides.

Jota was lucky with one challenge to avoid a red, but did pick up his now customary yellow. He does get knocked about so he likes to get his retribution in first. At the moment he could not buy a goal, but he really needs one to kick start a run. His work rate is beyond doubt. Moutinho, what can I say, his reading of the game, his energy and commitment are second to none. Donk looks well settled in the back three , making some telling challenges in defence and nipped in to take his goal well. Cutrone in his short cameo, snapped his goal well to calm any nerves as the clock ticket towards full time.

Twenty three points, only two defeats, scoring in all of our last ten games at Molineux and fifth place in the table. The last 32 in the Europa league as well, not too bad a season so far.

Not our most fluid performance, but there again it didn't need to be. Leys face it the Hammers were pretty poor. Did what we had to do though, nice to see Cutrone getting a goal.

Onward and up yours. Sorry, upward!

Quote Originally Posted by abbobrom View Post
    Not as cold as it looked Woody, but our play warmed us up. A comfortable victory in the end, but it should have been more than two goals. As against Sheffield United, we really need to start putting our chances away. I am surprised to see that we shared the possession stats at 50%, because we seemed to be by far the dominant side. We had 13 shots of which 7 were on target to their 3. The visitors tried long balls over the top but our defenders dealt with them comfortably, never looking troubled.

We had Patricio to thank for two superb saves, one in each half or the score line could have been different. Traore was the target for several crude challenges again, he really is at the top of his game at the moment. Defenders must be dreading him running at them. His speed off the mark is incredible, zero to top speed in two strides.

Jota was lucky with one challenge to avoid a red, but did pick up his now customary yellow. He does get knocked about so he likes to get his retribution in first. At the moment he could not buy a goal, but he really needs one to kick start a run. His work rate is beyond doubt. Moutinho, what can I say, his reading of the game, his energy and commitment are second to none. Donk looks well settled in the back three , making some telling challenges in defence and nipped in to take his goal well. Cutrone in his short cameo, snapped his goal well to calm any nerves as the clock ticket towards full time.

Twenty three points, only two defeats, scoring in all of our last ten games at Molineux and fifth place in the table. The last 32 in the Europa league as well, not too bad a season so far.
    You're right mate, not too shabby is it!

"He does get knocked about so he likes to get his retribution in first".

This quote reminds me of my school days. The science teacher always gave my mate and me the cane before the class started, as he said , "you're gonna get it at some time so we may as well do it now and get it out of the way".

School days!!

Good article discussing our change in fortunes related to the formation change from 352 back to 343, it's been a positive in terms of results, Neves contribution and Traores form but it doesn't appear to be suiting Jota.

https://www.skysports.com/football/n...-season-around

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)