+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Ok, not Leeds, but OMG!

Quote Originally Posted by Jezleeds View Post
    Did you ever stand up in an over-packed stand in the 80s and get thrown down the terrace and up against a railing with your feet not touching the ground?

There but for the grace of god etc.
    I did more than once!

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    Rev, first off I'm most definitely not a "she" 😝, secondly, I was simply expressing an opinion about a couple of really good strikes, and I suspect if anyone else had done so, no more would have been said. What's it's like to be popular eh?😉
    Have to say I can't see where all that came from? WTF makes a few casual observations and before you know it big brother is watching his streaming activities and Jez is WTF11 - Couldn't make it up LOL!

I suspect the reference to watching via illegal streams stems from when i mentioned committing such a heinous crime and Mrs O suggesting I "put my hand in my pocket and support the club". That got the response from me that I had been doing just that since before she was a drip on the end of her dads cock. I think that may have wound her up a bit, but wtf.

I hasten to add, for claritys sake, that those comments were made on another thread, not this one😉

Quote Originally Posted by whitestomper45 View Post
    That's exactly how the government want you to think. An absolute disgrace it took so long to get to court... and because the guy is old he can't be charged? If it was one of your family in the 96, no doubt you'd be banging on about it too
    On reflection, of course you're right, **** it let's just tear up the entire basis of our legal system and come up with some new methodology for dispensing justice. We could always go back to the good old days of the Ducking Stool - if you drown then you're innocent but if you survive then you are obviously a witch and must be burnt at the stake. Hmmmm maybe we could adopt waterboarding?

Quote Originally Posted by UbiqueLUFC33 View Post
    Errrrrr no, I don't belive I did.

I'm not disrespecting the tragedy but more the fact that they keep going on about it.

And on and on.

Persecuting and haranging an eldery retired police officer who may well have just been doing the best he could won't change anything.
    Saw your last post on this and thought I'd weigh in with my two pennyworth.

I don't think Duckinfield has been "persecuted" although I suspect he's come in for a bit of haranguing over the years. But he lied, (as did other figures in authority), that's acknowledged and at least he has (belatedly) apologised for doing so, but that's a bit too little, a lot too late, after having painted a picture of the fans having "killed themselves" (his words, not mine). I agree that it won't make a lot of difference, and wouldn't have, even had he been found guilty, as all those who were actually responsible have long since kicked the bucket (including the officer responsible for duty allocation who put Duckinfield in charge of an event he had f00k all capability of actually managing). But for the relatives of the 96 who died (including the poor lad who lingered on in hospital for months), having no-one held responsible for the deaths of their loved ones will be a hard burden to carry (and shouldn't be necessary if the authorities and the mechanisms of the justice system you refer to had been doing their job properly and rigorously. They didn't, they haven't and I doubt, in this case, that they ever will).

Which brings us back to the comment you made about the 96 always being referred to by Liverpool crowds etc. They always will be, every time there is an "event" that brings the story back in the headlines, every year there is a significant anniversary (although for the families, I suspect every year holds that prospect), I don't see why they shouldn't, remembering a loved one taken from you in such circumstances and being joined by current-day supporters of the club they followed, doesn't seem much to be criticised, more to be celebrated (and lets not forget, wide ranging improvements to grounds followed this and other tragedies, so there might be some solace for the families knowing their loved ones might not have died entirely in vain). Cut 'em some slack eh?

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    Saw your last post on this and thought I'd weigh in with my two pennyworth.

I don't think Duckinfield has been "persecuted" although I suspect he's come in for a bit of haranguing over the years. But he lied, (as did other figures in authority), that's acknowledged and at least he has (belatedly) apologised for doing so, but that's a bit too little, a lot too late, after having painted a picture of the fans having "killed themselves" (his words, not mine). I agree that it won't make a lot of difference, and wouldn't have, even had he been found guilty, as all those who were actually responsible have long since kicked the bucket (including the officer responsible for duty allocation who put Duckinfield in charge of an event he had f00k all capability of actually managing). But for the relatives of the 96 who died (including the poor lad who lingered on in hospital for months), having no-one held responsible for the deaths of their loved ones will be a hard burden to carry (and shouldn't be necessary if the authorities and the mechanisms of the justice system you refer to had been doing their job properly and rigorously. They didn't, they haven't and I doubt, in this case, that they ever will).

Which brings us back to the comment you made about the 96 always being referred to by Liverpool crowds etc. They always will be, every time there is an "event" that brings the story back in the headlines, every year there is a significant anniversary (although for the families, I suspect every year holds that prospect), I don't see why they shouldn't, remembering a loved one taken from you in such circumstances and being joined by current-day supporters of the club they followed, doesn't seem much to be criticised, more to be celebrated (and lets not forget, wide ranging improvements to grounds followed this and other tragedies, so there might be some solace for the families knowing their loved ones might not have died entirely in vain). Cut 'em some slack eh?
    And we all remember Christopher and Kevin every year. Rightly so.

I havnt actually seen the goals yet. I wonder would they be worth a look?

Quote Originally Posted by Billyni View Post
    I havnt actually seen the goals yet. I wonder would they be worth a look?
    Yes (Of course I have to say that, but it's true!)

lowfields road end pen, jumpers fer goalposts and all that, them were the days......

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)