+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Our top 10 record signings

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Our top 10 record signings

How would you rate them as signings if you had to choose between flop or success?

Here's mine...

Oliver Burke £15 million FLOP
    Nacer Chadli £13 million FLOP
    Salomón Rondón £12 million SUCCESS
    Jay Rodriguez £12 million SUCCESS
    Brown Ideye £10 million FLOP
    Jake Livermore £10 million SUCCESS (Just)
    Kenneth Zohore £8 million FLOP
    Stéphane Sessègnon £6.6 million SUCCESS
    Victor Anichebe £6 million FLOP
    Borja Valero £5 million FLOP

I make that about £57m that could have been better spent!

Rondon is c r a p.

9,8,7 league goals = 24 in about 120 odd games is not a success.

Have a look at Tony Brown’s record if you want to judge success and most of those from midfield.

Sessegnon was another flop.

J Rod was a “flat track bully”.....okay in the Champ but we now have better.

I’d agree on Livermore albeit at this level.

£ for £ Odemwingie is about as good as it’s got and Olsson.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    Rondon is c r a p.

9,8,7 league goals = 24 in about 120 odd games is not a success.

Have a look at Tony Brown’s record if you want to judge success and most of those from midfield.

Sessegnon was another flop.

J Rod was a “flat track bully”.....okay in the Champ but we now have better.

I’d agree on Livermore albeit at this level.

£ for £ Odemwingie is about as good as it’s got and Olsson.
    The reason I put Sessegnon and Rondon down as a success was because both scored important goals that nicked us points and you could argue, kept us in the premiership. Also Rondon was sold on for better money than what we paid.

Also I don't think you can judge Rondon's goal record against virtually anyone because of the style of play and team we had at the time. I wasn't around for Tony Browns era, but I can guarantee that we played more attacking football in his side than we did under Pulis. Its incomparable.
    Last edited by WBA123; 05-12-2019 at 03:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WBA123 View Post
    The reason I put Sessegnon and Rondon down as a success was because both scored important goals that nicked us points and you could argue, kept us in the premiership. Also Rondon was sold on for better money than what we paid.

Also I don't think you can judge Rondon's goal record against virtually anyone because of the style of play and team we had at the time. I wasn't around for Tony Browns era, but I can guarantee that we played more attacking football in his side than we did under Pulis. Its incomparable.

Rondon wouldn't score in a brothel.
    You forgot David Mills who we broke the British transfer record for.

People keep harping on about Dwight Gayle, an injury prone 30 year old who can't hack the prem. If Leeds have £15m to waste let them have him.

Quote Originally Posted by WBA1955 View Post
    Rondon wouldn't score in a brothel.
    You forgot David Mills who we broke the British transfer record for.

People keep harping on about Dwight Gayle, an injury prone 30 year old who can't hack the prem. If Leeds have £15m to waste let them have him.
    I think I put the subject in wrong, it should really have read our top 10 most expensive signings

Oliver Burke is like the EU to me. Can't wait to stop hearing about him but he keeps popping up. The electronic press is besotted with the guy and he's not worth £15,000 let alone £15,000,000!

Quote Originally Posted by boingy View Post
    Oliver Burke is like the EU to me. Can't wait to stop hearing about him but he keeps popping up. The electronic press is besotted with the guy and he's not worth £15,000 let alone £15,000,000!
    Some of the analogies on this board crack me up! I wonder how often the EU have been compared to Oliver Burke..

Quote Originally Posted by WBA123 View Post
    Some of the analogies on this board crack me up! I wonder how often the EU have been compared to Oliver Burke..
    Always a first time 123

Well best buy pound for pound had to have been big Cyril. What was it £5,000 from Haste or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Dubbag View Post
    Well best buy pound for pound had to have been big Cyril. What was it £5,000 from Haste or something like that.
    hays dubs.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)