+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: O/T:- WINDOWS 7 Ending

O/T:- WINDOWS 7 Ending

Windows 7 finishes soon, what that means is you wont get updates and your Laptop/Pc wont work properley and wont be safe to use security issues.

Give us a call or drop in at Bettabytz Computers we may be able to upgrade or do part ex.

www.bettabytz.co.uk 625 woodborough road mapperley NG3 5QG

Tel 0115 9522781
    Last edited by SwalePie; 05-12-2019 at 04:32 PM.

Please note Tel Number is 9522781

Any special deals for fellow Pies Kev?

Quote Originally Posted by kraziekev View Post
    Please note Tel Number is 9522781
    Corrected the original for you too

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Corrected the original for you too
    It might be worth knowing that you can use win 10 for free, without activation, forever if you wish. It will receive all updates as normal and the only thing you cannot do is personalise it. All you need to do is download a copy for free from Microsoft itself. Also, you can easily buy an activation key from E-Bay is you wish, they normally retail @ £3 and are perfectly legit as they are taken from computers that are broken/destroyed. Always like Win 8.1 meself for some strange reason. Plenty of free O/S out there as well, Ubuntu and Solus being 2 of my faves. However, if you do require an upgrade, see KrazieKev cos the man is the bees-knees with sugar on top.

https://www.howtogeek.com/244678/you...se-windows-10/

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/soft...load/windows10

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    It might be worth knowing that you can use win 10 for free, without activation, forever if you wish. It will receive all updates as normal and the only thing you cannot do is personalise it. All you need to do is download a copy for free from Microsoft itself. Also, you can easily buy an activation key from E-Bay is you wish, they normally retail @ £3 and are perfectly legit as they are taken from computers that are broken/destroyed. Always like Win 8.1 meself for some strange reason. Plenty of free O/S out there as well, Ubuntu and Solus being 2 of my faves. However, if you do require an upgrade, see KrazieKev cos the man is the bees-knees with sugar on top.

https://www.howtogeek.com/244678/you...se-windows-10/

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/soft...load/windows10
    I bought a Win7 machine from Krazy a couple of years ago. Last month used a downloaded Win10 setup (or Win10 media creation - can't remember it was Feb when I downloaded it onto a US , started Win7, put the USB stick in and ran Setup from that and my Win7 got updated and was given a new licence number.

But most of the time I use Linux that I've also installed on that machine. There are lots of live trials available to try it out and unless you are doing something very special (as unfortunately I am) then all normal stuff such as browsing, email, images, video, pdfs and much more can be done on Linux.

However if you are not at all IT minded - go see Kev.

Still getting updates on my 6.4gb windows 3.11 desktop from 1994

Best thing is it still only takes 2 hours to start up

6.4gb in 94? You must have been rich. I only had about 500mb HD but I did have 2 3.5" DD. Ahhhhhh A Pentium processor.

Quote Originally Posted by LEPiePie View Post
    6.4gb in 94? You must have been rich. I only had about 500mb HD but I did have 2 3.5" DD. Ahhhhhh A Pentium processor.
    Yeah I had a decent job back then, if I remember rightly I bought the pc with crt monitor that had speakers built in, a printer and a separate scanner all for only £980 from Alders in Broad Marsh! Still have the receipt!