+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Struber Sacked!!!

Barnsley insist they are not to blame for holding up Daniel Stendel's appointment as Hearts manager.

The Tynecastle club were expected to end their five week search for Craig Levein's replacement by appointing the 45-year-old earlier this week.

The English Championship club have written to Hearts demanding compensation for their former boss.

Barnsley have written to Hearts demanding money for the appointment of Daniel Stendel
    And Barnsley Chief Executive Paul Conway has now enteredi into correspondence with the Edinburgh club in a quest to resolve a situation described by owner Ann Budge as 'tortuous'.

Surprised at the Hearts reluctance to thrash the matter out quickly by telephone, Conway believes a six figure claim is a red herring for other potential issues.

Speaking from the United States last night he said: 'I would be surprised if we were to blame for any hold-up.

'It doesn't make any logical sense to me because if we were the only issue one of two things would happen.

The German is poised to put pen to paper on a deal to succeed Craig Levein at Hearts
    'Either the club would just do it and say, 'we can resolve this post-signing.' Or we could just work it out over the phone.

'So I'm surprised that we are being cited as the issue because it doesn't make logical sense to me.' Stendel is keen to bring trusted coaches Chris Stern and Dale Tonge to Edinburgh. Despite both being under contract to Barnsley until the end of the season Conway has offered to waive any compensation payment for either.

Hearts have responded to the Barnsley claim by letter - with the English club now responding by the same method.

Interm Hearts boss Austin MacPhee now expects to remain in charge for this weekend's meeting with Motherwell, predicting a conclusion to the saga early next week.

Expressing bemusement that the matter should take so long Conway added: 'We have been involved in this kind of situation at Barnsley four times. I have been on both sides of it.

'It usually gets resolved reasonably quickly with a couple of phone calls, so that's why I would be surprised if it was just us who had to be taken care of.

'If Hearts want to engage in written correspondence then that's up to them.

'Is compensation to us an issue? For sure. But we are not negotiating a trade accord - if they want to resolve this quickly we are here.'

Quote Originally Posted by bankendbfc View Post
    I suppose making money is a good business model, but morally I can't get on with it, if they wanted shut of Stendel they shouldn't be standing in the way of him getting another job, it's off, bad form, zero class.

Maybe they didn’t want shut and something else happened ?

What happened in the end with that Manuel Miranda deal when Barnsley FC agreed a deal to sign him from FC Wacker in Austria and then failed to register the player resulting in Wacker suing Barnsley FC ?

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    What happened in the end with that Manuel Miranda deal when Barnsley FC agreed a deal to sign him from FC Wacker in Austria and then failed to register the player resulting in Wacker suing Barnsley FC ?
    I think they just read him his rights

Ah the old "I would be surprised if" response which doesn't deny anything. On a par with the "I don't recognise that amount" response.

I'm not surprised Hearts want things in writing and not trust Hoss's interpretation of a telephone call conversation. I would trust that arseoyle as much as i do Johnson and Trump.

Conway has still not informed Barnsley fans what is going on, even if it is his "interpretation" of events. 21 words is enough for us.

What I was told for what it’s worth is that Conway says Stendel resigned and Stendel says he was sacked , Stendel was constantly threatening to walk for obvious reasons.

Stendel was taking it to Court but then this job came up , Stendel still wants paying out but Conway says no you’ve got another job.

Reyt mess like everything else

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    Ah the old "I would be surprised if" response which doesn't deny anything. On a par with the "I don't recognise that amount" response.

I'm not surprised Hearts want things in writing and not trust Hoss's interpretation of a telephone call conversation. I would trust that arseoyle as much as i do Johnson and Trump.

Conway has still not informed Barnsley fans what is going on, even if it is his "interpretation" of events. 21 words is enough for us.
    I got the gist of it though. Stendel was head coach then he wasn't. Maybe it's just me but the club saying what he had for breakfast that morning is immaterial to me.

They should have thanked him for his service.

Stendel - I'm not happy I'm going. Stendel - I'm not happy I'm going. Conway - Get your sen' off then. Stendel - I wan't paying off first. Conway - but you've resigned.

The dispute is between Hearts and Barnsley over whether compensation should be paid to Barnsley.
    Hearts claim Stendel was effectively sacked because two other coaches, Murray temporary and Struber permanent, came in to undertake Stendel's duties with Stendel not offered another role at the club and so compensation is due
    Hoss seemingly claims Stendel resigned and no compensation is due.
    Interestingly Hoss is grandly willing to waive any compensation issues with Stern and Tonge, who both resigned to take up jobs at Hearts.
    Personal spite may be involved as well as Hoss's ego.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12