+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Hibs V Dons

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    You really have a hard on for Wilson.

He has done absolutely fvck all this season but you still try to praise him.

God knows what you would have said if he scored on Wednesday instead of Gallagher.

Probably goal of the season
    You've really got a hard on for mcinnes,he's done fvck all this season apart from see over massive defeats and sh1tebaggery tactics but yet you still praise him

God knows what you would have said if he scored on Wednesday instead of Gallagher.

Rico, I’m not having a go, or sarcastic, it’s just I can’t be bothered going through your old posts....

Do you want McInnes to stay?
    If so, why?
    If not, who’d be your realistic choice?

Not particularly... I merely pointed out that he doesn’t have the engine to play that wide role as McInnes likes the wide players to spend most of the match in their own half defending. The role doesn’t suit him. Gallagher is abysmal, yet he seems to get a lot more game time - the boy can’t control, pass, cross, dribble.

Quote Originally Posted by nice1simmy View Post
    You've really got a hard on for mcinnes,he's done fvck all this season apart from see over massive defeats and sh1tebaggery tactics but yet you still praise him

You really do throw your toys out of the pram when I have a go at Wilson or Considine.

It’s ok to criticise any of the other players but those 2 are above criticism?

If you look back at this thread I have actually slated Mcinnes but I will do it again just for you.

He’s a fvcking idiot for constantly playing Considine and for persevering with Wilson.

Happy now.

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    Rico, I’m not having a go, or sarcastic, it’s just I can’t be bothered going through your old posts....

Do you want McInnes to stay?
    If so, why?
    If not, who’d be your realistic choice?
    Not sure what me slagging off Wilson has to do with McInnes rst but I think he has been here too long and it’s time for him to move on.

The way some people on here go on it’s as if he is the worst manager we have ever had.

I’m not sure who we could replace him with but he is going to have to get us into Europe every season as the bare minimum because that’s a given these days apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    Not particularly... I merely pointed out that he doesn’t have the engine to play that wide role as McInnes likes the wide players to spend most of the match in their own half defending. The role doesn’t suit him. Gallagher is abysmal, yet he seems to get a lot more game time - the boy can’t control, pass, cross, dribble.
    The reason he doesn’t have the engine for that role is down to him,we are now into December and he still can’t play 90 minutes.

That’s embarrassing for a professional football player,if he doesn’t want to get himself fit enough to play that role then he should never have signed for us because it was made clear to him that’s where he would be playing.

I thought Gallagher looked decent in the early European games, he was honking on Wednesday until he scored then he started to cause them problems in the second half.

At the end of the day he has been loaned to us for him to get first team experience,I would get used to that with Cormack in charge because I expect that we will be trying to develop a lot of Atlanta Uniteds players for them.

Not sure what me slagging off Wilson has to do with McInnes rst but I think he has been here too long and it’s time for him to move on.

The way some people on here go on it’s as if he is the worst manager we have ever had.

I’m not sure who we could replace him with but he is going to have to get us into Europe every season as the bare minimum because that’s a given these days apparently.
    Fair enough.
    And I don’t disagree.
    Far from the worst.

But given our budget, falling below 3rd IS failure.
    European football should be a minimum.

Our expectations every season should be to, at the very least, finish in the top 4 given our budget compared to everyone else in the league. The top 4 doesn't guarantee Europe if the Scottish Cup is won by someone out with the top 4 but it will be good enough most seasons.

If you don't think top 4 should be achievable every season then you have low expectations. You'll no doubt refer me back to the history between Willie Miller's reign and the present incumbent but things have changed. The debt is cleared, we have the 3rd biggest budget and the manger is the 3rd highest paid in the league. If he takes the money then he must do the business.

Perhaps if we were winning cups or not getting pumped out of Europe every season before the play off round then we wouldn't have to judge him on league position.

Should we not hold McInnes to account? Do you just want him to be given carte blanche without the team's performance being scrutinised? It's the only method we have to judge McInnes and the evidence is that he can't take us any further. Therefore a decision has to be made whether we're happy with the present status quo or we change. However, there is justifiable reasons to think that whatever we do might have adverse effects on the team's performance in the short to medium term.

Quote Originally Posted by BogBrush1903 View Post
    Our expectations every season should be to, at the very least, finish in the top 4 given our budget compared to everyone else in the league. The top 4 doesn't guarantee Europe if the Scottish Cup is won by someone out with the top 4 but it will be good enough most seasons.

If you don't think top 4 should be achievable every season then you have low expectations. You'll no doubt refer me back to the history between Willie Miller's reign and the present incumbent but things have changed. The debt is cleared, we have the 3rd biggest budget and the manger is the 3rd highest paid in the league. If he takes the money then he must do the business.

Perhaps if we were winning cups or not getting pumped out of Europe every season before the play off round then we wouldn't have to judge him on league position.

Should we not hold McInnes to account? Do you just want him to be given carte blanche without the team's performance being scrutinised? It's the only method we have to judge McInnes and the evidence is that he can't take us any further. Therefore a decision has to be made whether we're happy with the present status quo or we change. However, there is justifiable reasons to think that whatever we do might have adverse effects on the team's performance in the short to medium term.
    Good summation ^^^^

Quote Originally Posted by AiberdonianAce View Post
    It's simple really, play players in their actual positions
    Centre and left backs as defensive midfielders
    Strikers as wingers.

It's fine playing a player or two out of position if required but not all the time especially when you have players available.

THIS .!!

Expecting Considine to match Boyle for pace , while playing a " proper" leftback with a bit of pace , in Leigh somewhere further up the park was tosh. Incidentally Wilson made ( and won ) more tackles that Leigh .

And having Wilson out there up left, seemed to leave a gaping hole down that side. Whiich would be a known fact from previous games ?

The warning signs were very evident in the first half. They ALWAYS had a player free unmarked on their left. not exactly sure where our full back was ? Oh wait, did I see the papers say we were playing 3 5 2 again ?? Was that what it was ?? Again , never works.

so , one fortunate fightback against the huns, and it`s ok to play 6 defenders against a wobbly Hibs ? 4 4 2 mate. Attack . They were there for the taking.

We started with no wingers. It was only when Hedges came on we started to see any real attacking threat. in the 2nd half.

Aye. Its easy this fitba management !!

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast