+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: Hibs V Dons

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    Aye, maybe.
    Would be interesting to know.

The likes of Curtis Main will 100% be McInnes though.
    An inexcusable signing.
    We’ve signed some terrible strikers in the last 15-20 years, & he’s up there amongst the worst.
    Completely agree and just to make it worse, McInnes will persevere with him just to try to prove he was right, much in the same way he did with May. He will be punted back to Motherwell on a free transfer at the end of next season having played about 60 games and scored just as many as May did.

It's not just how good or bad Main is, though that's a factor obviously, but with the formation we routinely play if Cosgrove is fit he's either on the bench or playing out of position.
    Wilson also.

Bizarre signings.

Horrible result yesterday and the biggest issue to me was how few of our players look comfortable in possession.. only Ferguson, and Wilson in the starting 11 look as if they can control the ball in a tight situation. Hedges and Campbell looked as if they could do it when they came on. I’m not sure if that’s down to poor recruitment ( most likely), poor coaching (less likely) or lack of budget to afford good players ( partly true but Hibs had about 7 of their team who looked comfortable and their budget is smaller). Funnily enough, I liked the radical changes and we looked much better, but then conceded more sloppy goals. At least we then had only one out of position - Hedges right wing-back but he looked good.
    The other issue is asking players to do roles they can’t fulfil - Vyner can do the DM role but can’t pass it when in possession; Considine hasn’t the pace against a speedy winger to play LB successfully; Leigh can do LM as a 2nd LB but can’t pass like a midfielder; Wilson can play as a 10 but he’s not a wide midfielder; Gallagher is only suited to 2nd half role v Hund - pace in Channels and pressing.
    As I said to a pal... we’re not very good... and whether a new boss will make a difference, who knows! It’s new players we need - my one beacon of hope is that the kids I saw at Huddersfield have potential.. Sell McKenna and maybe big Sam and use the money to invest in players who are comfortable in possession and let us play proper possession football instead of the long ball and feed off scraps we often resort to at present..

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    I wouldn't buy a season ticket regardless of who the manager is and I never said I wouldn't go to the games until he's sacked.
    That’s no use aldo.

What happens if we sack McInnes and the happy clappers don’t like his replacement and stop going?

You boys need to make more of a commitment to the club if you want big changes.

As soon as McInnes is sacked get that season ticket bought.

Scott McKenna is a poor defender

Said it before and yesterday cemented it

Discuss

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    The reason he doesn’t have the engine for that role is down to him,we are now into December and he still can’t play 90 minutes.

That’s embarrassing for a professional football player, if he doesn’t want to get himself fit enough to play that role then he should never have signed for us because it was made clear to him that’s where he would be playing.

You wouldn't expect Cosgrove to have the engine to play as a winger, can guarantee Main could play that way. Rooney wasn't able to play that way either when he was punted out that way for May so I don't think you can really expect Wilson to have that either.

I actually thought that Main would have never been signed if McInnes knew Wilson's availability earlier. I also think that if Cosgrove goes next month, that Wilson will be the one that replaces him as that appeared to be the plan last season before he got injured against hibs.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Scott McKenna is a poor defender

Said it before and yesterday cemented it

Discuss
    If he is a poor defender then maybe he can stay here for his entire career and make 500 appearances for us.

Quote Originally Posted by AiberdonianAce View Post
    You wouldn't expect Cosgrove to have the engine to play as a winger, can guarantee Main could play that way. Rooney wasn't able to play that way either when he was punted out that way for May so I don't think you can really expect Wilson to have that either.

I actually thought that Main would have never been signed if McInnes knew Wilson's availability earlier. I also think that if Cosgrove goes next month, that Wilson will be the one that replaces him as that appeared to be the plan last season before he got injured against hibs.
    McInnes said in the summer that he thought Wilson wasn’t suited to playing up front in the Scottish League so if Wilson doesn’t like that he should have signed for some lower league team in England instead of sulking every time he gets punted out to the wing.

I don’t think we should ever have signed him again because he was poor last season apart from a few games at the end of the season out on the wing ironically.

He is another McInnes experiment that was never going to work,I would have some sympathy for him if he was told he would be playing up front but he clearly wasn’t .

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    If he is a poor defender then maybe he can stay here for his entire career and make 500 appearances for us.
    Dinna rule it out.

Either that or he will Diamond it. Leave for the first pish lower guff ball team and never be seen again

Some of his positioning is f@cking attrocious. But hes nae learning either. Hes nae a spring chicken anymore. Hes 23

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Dinna rule it out.

Either that or he will Diamond it. Leave for the first pish lower guff ball team and never be seen again

Some of his positioning is f@cking attrocious. But hes nae learning either. Hes nae a spring chicken anymore. Hes 23
    Well if he does end up staying here for his entire career at least he will be seen as a legend by some.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast