+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Hibs V Dons

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Hes positioning is alarming at 23 year old. He not learning from his mistakes either
    Again, we should have sold him when we got a half decent bid for his sake. It was obvious he'd regress. How can you expect him to learn from the dross he's playing with.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    Again, we should have sold him when we got a half decent bid for his sake. It was obvious he'd regress. How can you expect him to learn from the dross he's playing with.
    Who does defensive coaching. They must see our constant errors and work on them

I did see the highlights last night ( I wanted to see the hun losing again and stayed on long enough to see out game)

The first was a great through ball, but, a straight pass onto a diagonal run has caught our defence out all season.
    Right from the early rounds of the European games against inferior opposition.

Surely we can sort this out.

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    I did see the highlights last night ( I wanted to see the hun losing again and stayed on long enough to see out game)

The first was a great through ball, but, a straight pass onto a diagonal run has caught our defence out all season.

The two things that stand out for me here are:

a) Yep - we constantly get caught out the same way and it reflects badly on the management, coaches & players that we seem incapable of sorting that out - or at least working to reduce the number of times it seems to happen.

b) We have not one single player in the squad capable of playing that through ball. Nobody with the vision, awareness or ability to do that - not by a long shot. The reason that is the case sits 100% at the managers door as even if every midfielder was fit, we'd still not have anyone capable of doing that playing.

Ferguson aside, who has been a very good signing, his midfield recuitment this last 2 seasons has been absolutely diabolical.

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post

Not just this season but last season as well. Probably before that too. Who would have thought that playing flat footed, slow, lumbering centre halves would cause us an issue with that!?

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    Not just this season but last season as well. Probably before that too. Who would have thought that playing flat footed, slow, lumbering centre halves would cause us an issue with that!?
    The reason its being spoken about this season is because the apathy has well and truly set in and more people ate talking about it.

We have been making the same errors st the back for years. We obviously cant coach the team diffensively. Because none of them are learning.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    The reason its being spoken about this season is because the apathy has well and truly set in and more people ate talking about it.

We have been making the same errors st the back for years. We obviously cant coach the team diffensively. Because none of them are learning.
    Yup, any opposition team with a bit of movement and creativity and we're taken apart. Thankfully the majority of teams we play against are about as predictable as we are, but the likes of Celtic, Rangers and Hibs have more about them going forward. I feel the fact that Shinnie covered so much ground, broke up so much play and made so many tackles in front of the back 4 probably saved us from losing a lot more goals, but now he's gone we're missing that. There's not much leadership or organisation at the back either, which is crazy considering our captain is the goalkeeper.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011