+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: A very old and distant relative dying

A very old and distant relative dying

Sometimes that’s how the club feels just now, people would be sad for a few days before and after the funeral but life would return to normal almost immediately.
    Something has to be done to stop the decay, but where will the help come from?

interaction with the fans has to be the first step H
    at the moment we have negativity from the stands and a really pungent negativity on the park due to the managers tactics,the present tactics must be stopped or we can be in the drop out play off spot.

under the -25 season almost everyone rolled up their sleeves and got on with it and altho we were in admin and feeling mighty hard done by,the circumstances brought around prob the sharpest and strongest most positive atmosphere that iv witnessed in my time watching Dundee.Since then we have seen the culling of the derry which hasnt helped the atmosphere,but more importantly we missed the boat off the pitch by not being able to grasp the importance of moving ahead of that shower over the rd after we relegated them,that was a huge mistake,

the 1st step surely has to be a fans q+a type meeting that is open to all to attend !

Quote Originally Posted by shaded View Post
    interaction with the fans has to be the first step H
    at the moment we have negativity from the stands and a really pungent negativity on the park due to the managers tactics,the present tactics must be stopped or we can be in the drop out play off spot.

under the -25 season almost everyone rolled up their sleeves and got on with it and altho we were in admin and feeling mighty hard done by,the circumstances brought around prob the sharpest and strongest most positive atmosphere that iv witnessed in my time watching Dundee.Since then we have seen the culling of the derry which hasnt helped the atmosphere,but more importantly we missed the boat off the pitch by not being able to grasp the importance of moving ahead of that shower over the rd after we relegated them,that was a huge mistake,

the 1st step surely has to be a fans q+a type meeting that is open to all to attend !
    For me the boat was missed by not appointing an experienced manager after Paul Hartley. The permanent appointment of Neil McCann instantly set us back years to times before Bomber was manager. I think we are now where we were when Spoofer was running the show, a complete shambles of a club.

Club isn't interested in doing anything, the people who have Nelms ear seem to be happy with the status quo of drudgery on and off the park.

Changing home ends would be the first thing I'd do, lift atmosphere immediately, revisiting Derry all tic farce would be 2nd, a general tidy up of the ground 3rd, q and a 4th, get someone on that microphone who can inject some enthusiasm.

We are waiting on a stadium that will never be built to kick start the club, by the time that ever came to fruition it would be like kicking a corpse to try and get it up.

I don't think we have been in such a bad state since before the marrs took over.

As I said on another thread tell me one initiative, one progressive policy or idea that the club are doing?.....apart from mythical stadium.

I've said ump**** times before, once apathy sets in at a club they lose support, goodwill and people actually going to the game hand over fist.

I'm so angry (Not the only one) how the last 2 or 3 years have panned out, 3 guys who happened to have been handy at the time given the managers job in quick succession.....it's a ****ing disgraceful way to run anything.

I don't have the answer but the club should be doing far better at connecting with the fans, I have no faith that they have anybody on board who can bridge the gulf.

We are a Tim Keyes waking up one day in a bad mood for the whole shooting match going tits up.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    For me the boat was missed by not appointing an experienced manager after Paul Hartley. The permanent appointment of Neil McCann instantly set us back years to times before Bomber was manager. I think we are now where we were when Spoofer was running the show, a complete shambles of a club.
    Why club's appoint caretaker managers is beyond me.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    Why club's appoint caretaker managers is beyond me.
    Same. Let the coaches and senior players get on with it until the right man is identified.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    Same. Let the coaches and senior players get on with it until the right man is identified.
    It's bizzare even big clubs appoint them then feel obliged or pressured into appointing full time if they do ok and generally they do better than previous incumbent as they haven't much to beat.

Iv described watching us as akin to watching your granny die

They killed the Derry and completely ruined the match day experience

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)