+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: O/T Flu jab

Quote Originally Posted by Ericsladkilnhurst View Post
    Had the flu jab last year, week after I got flu, not gone this year for the jab.

It doesn't prevent you getting the flu Eric, it's to prevent the flu being so bad it can kill you.

Had the flu this year Casper, lemsips & hot lemonade & er half a litre of whisky shifted it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ericsladkilnhurst View Post
    Had the flu this year Casper, lemsips & hot lemonade & er half a litre of whisky shifted it.
    I had it a couple of years ago Eric, Lemsips, hot Lemonade and half a bottle of Napoleon Brandy didn't shift it.
    Ended up in hospital on a drip to stop me from dehydrating, never felt as ill in my life and took me weeks to fully recover.
    My next door neighbours wife lost her battle and passed away.

Keep taking the Lemsips, hot Lemonade and Whisky.....hope it's Malt Whisky and not blended lol.
    Last edited by CASPER-64-FRANK; 07-12-2019 at 11:10 AM.

Flu epidemic during 1918 is believed by many medical researchers to have killed more people than the bullets, shells, etc, in WW1. It was a particularly nasty strain. Work still going on to try to identify what made it so deadly - likely to be some unusual surface feature of the virus that allowed it to evade the human immune system
    Last edited by mikemiller; 07-12-2019 at 11:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mikemiller View Post
    Flu epidemic during 1918 is believed by many medical researchers to have killed more people than the bullets, shells, etc, in WW1. It was a particularly nasty strain. Work still going on to try to identify what made it so deadly - likely to be some unusual surface feature of the virus that allowed it to evade the human immune system
    Bet some countries leaders would like to get their hands on that. Imagine the carnage it could cause without having to send thousands of troops over and extra spending on planes and bombs.

A very sobering and frightening thought

They have only got to drop something in the reservoirs. To cause a bit of trouble.

All you need is a higher birth rate and a bit of patience.

No guns, bombs or flu viruses necessary.
    Last edited by great_fire; 07-12-2019 at 12:14 PM.

Flu?

Now that might something even our defence could catch.

I had the jab for the first time. Feel fine. Same with statins. Mentioned I was being put on them a few years back and everyone in the pub chimed in with "You'll be sorry". Urban myth about horrendous side effects. Never had a problem in five years of taking them.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Flu?

Now that might something even our defence could catch.
    Need a flu coach.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast