+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Terrace:

The Terrace:

Was on FaceAche earlier if anyone fancies a listen:

https://www.facebook.com/BBCNottingh...video_explicit

He's happy with the defence and midfield, that statement says it all

Quote Originally Posted by Glad2BeAPie View Post
    He's happy with the defence and midfield, that statement says it all
    And apparently under no pressure from the owners, no wonder he sits on the bench with his hands in his pockets !

Said basically the exact same thing Steve Chettle did to Alan Hardy about Sam Osbourne too, it's almost like people that watch him train all week might be a better judge of talent than people that don't...

Quote Originally Posted by Freeman25 View Post
    Said basically the exact same thing Steve Chettle did to Alan Hardy about Sam Osbourne too, it's almost like people that watch him train all week might be a better judge of talent than people that don't...
    Maybe...but all I can go on is what I've seen of him play. And in those few appearances he has shown enough heart, drive and creativity to merit more game time. Is he a worse option than Shields?

Ardley also said 'We're too far behind the leaders now and auto promotion is becoming unlikely'.'Best we can hope for is P/O's'.

Did we know that anyway? Or is it too early in the season to be writing us off? Are we even bothered anymore?

It is becoming increasingly frustrating to hear the manager not acknowledging the clear problems in his own tactics and style of play. Of course, behind closed doors it may be another matter as he has a responsibility to back his players in public. To suggest making automatic promotion is too defeatist in my opinion, it gives the players an excuse almost....as if it doesn't appear they are too mentally fragile already.

On Osbourne, sure, he showed glimpses of what he may one day be able to produce consistently but the games I've seen him in he has looked far too lightweight and ineffective. However, as a substitute he should be getting much more opportunities than he is getting.

I said give the manager at least until Christmas, but I'm getting increasingly bored and dismayed by his lack of drive, tactical nous and stubbornness.

Have to love his dismissal of the fact our record without Doyle in the team is far superior to when he is (over a point more on average gained).

Seems the stats only matter when it suits!

Quote Originally Posted by Freeman25 View Post
    He hardly said anything ground-breaking, just said he’s young and felt Enzio, Shields, Booty and OB were better options. Again, the stats would dispute this. He showed in his apps earlier this year he’s direct, skilful and always willing to have a shot from long range.

At the very least, he could provide a spark in the last 10/15 mins of games like today when it’s incredibly static (switching Booty inside). But that’d mean subbing Rose or Doyle off and switching from the subs everyone can see coming before kick-off...

We have become to predictable, and Ardley seems to stubborn to alter his style of play. Not anti Ardley but we all know we play the same way. Pass the ball backwards and sideways and by the time we go forwards we have 2 players facing 5 defenders.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast