+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Man Utd bigger than Man City......Solskjaer

Man Utd bigger than Man City......Solskjaer

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50693901

Seriously I think he is right but, Man Utd cannot live on Fergie's yesteryear. They have to give Ole' time to settle in and I'm talking two years at least to be a great Manager. To keep on swapping Managers will not help Man Utd to get back to their greater levels.

Yes Potch is waiting in the wings, who I think might be a decent swap for Ole' but, I personally think Man Utd should stick with Ole', sell Pogba and move on. There are a lot of new 'conveyor' players coming though the Man Utd ranks and given two years, these lads will shine and all will not be bad.
    Last edited by Brin; 07-12-2019 at 01:12 AM.

City still way behind United. I went to a gig at the Etihad earlier this year and was lucky enough to sit in Sheikh Mansour's seat and looked after by his regular attendant. I asked him why the end to the left (home end) hadn't been extended to match the right (away end) and he told me it's cos they only fill it twice a season.... against United and Liverpool.

Still building their fan base after a relatively short period of success I guess.
    Last edited by sota; 07-12-2019 at 05:19 AM.

I guess it's all a matter of the timeline you are considering? Last 5 years probably City. In the past 60 years I'd say they've only just about reached the top 5 behind Liverpool, Arsenal, Man Utd and Chelsea (who make it in the top 4 despite once being hammered 10-1 in a single season by a certain team )
    Last edited by CAMiller; 07-12-2019 at 03:55 PM.

CA, I really did sit in his seat. Video screen and carpeted floor. Sat in his private 4 seater bar at half time too :-) Biggest crowd Man City has had. Thanks Chris Muse RUFC :-)
    Last edited by sota; 07-12-2019 at 07:07 AM.

Man Utd and Liverpool are the 2 biggest clubs it’s not even close.
    Man Utd are in the top 3 biggest clubs in the world.

I would argue if Leeds had City’s money they would be a far bigger club.

There’s talk of Leeds extending Elland Road to 50000 if they get back to the Prem and I think they would fill it on a regular basis

Quote Originally Posted by sota View Post
    CA, I really did sit in his seat. Video screen and carpeted floor. Sat in his private 4 seater bar at half time too :-) Biggest crowd Man City has had. Thanks Chris Muse RUFC :-)
    Why would he need a bar?

Tea and coffee bar maybe?

Sorry booth not bar.

Quote Originally Posted by sota View Post
    City still way behind United. I went to a gig at the Etihad earlier this year and was lucky enough to sit in Sheikh Mansour's seat and looked after by his regular attendant. I asked him why the end to the left (home end) hadn't been extended to match the right (away end) and he told me it's cos they only fill it twice a season.... against United and Liverpool.

Still building their fan base after a relatively short period of success I guess.
    Roly...Sota needs to pay more tax in the UK