+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Boris it is

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    At the risk of repeating myself constantly sinkov. This is exactly the reason I left the Labour Party, but old habits die hard.
    Your old habits will keep us in the EU BT . Hopefully enough of the many decent, moderate, Labour voters who believe in this country and democracy will feel able to kick their old habit this once. They can always go back to kicking the Tories at the next election, but it's old habits that need kicking at this one.

I honestly have no idea who's side anyone is on any more...

Attachment 14525

By your reckoning, even Old Fluffy Head is in the IRA.
    No question who won that battle with terrorists is there, and it wasn't us.

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post
    That'a all very well Army, but is the alternative any better? I could have brought up a whole heap of Boris's rantings but I'll limit myself to this one.

https://metro.co.uk/2019/11/28/boris...hers-11230792/

This includes his macho ruling that criticised modern British men for " his reluctance or inability to take control of his woman’ and suggested that the prospect of social housing is an ‘enticement’ for young women to have children.

What a bleeding choice we have in front of us on Thursday, eh?
    Metro, Grauniad, Indie, poor bloody leftie journos instructed by their editors to trawl through 20 year old copies of the Spectator to see what they can drag up about Boris. I hope they're paying the poor buggers more than the minimum wage, or maybe just getting a hard on when they find something is reward enough for them.

"and suggested that the prospect of social housing is an ‘enticement’ for young women to have children."

You need to get out more 59, in her line of work Mrs S often came into contact with ****age girls who wanted to leave home, and knew exactly how to get priority on the housing list. Don't be so bloody naive mon ami.

If your read my original answer 59 you will see that imo as Outwood it’s the better of two evils shall we say , I wasn’t saying Boris is a genius or squeaky clean, however I do think that he is trying to do what he said initially about Brexit whilst all around him are the opposite.

Sort of a English Trump isn’t he , which personally I wouldn’t mind , I mean yes he’s flawed is Trump and you all go mad on here about him ( for some reason - Beyond me ) , but he cares about America and is getting the job done.

I think Boris could be similar.

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    BT --you post photographs of members our Royal Family meeting various Sinn Fein politicians, however, you fail to mention that they have no pretentions about governing or running the show, unlike a certain Jeremy Corbyn who, as a politician for many years has shown his true colours.
    I'm doing nothing of the sort Supersub6. The Mail, Sun & Express constantly have front page photos of Corbyn shaking hands with a so-called terrorist but never anyone from the far right or royalty.

Let's balance it up a bit eh?

I'm doing nothing of the sort Supersub6. The Mail, Sun & Express constantly have front page photos of Corbyn shaking hands with a so-called terrorist but never anyone from the far right or royalty.

Let's balance it up a bit eh?
    That was not my argument, as a man of your stature should know. The point is that Royalty do not rule the country, they are mere figureheads or, as you think, a wasted space.
    Corbyn is the leader of a political party and could well end up as the Prime Minister of a government who would rule the country and he has always kept some strange company.

The balance you are looking for is that one has no real say in what happens, however, the other is, or could be, very influential in what happens in the country, as has been seen in his dealings within Parliament over the past three years in trying to stop Brexit.
    I did not see any Royal actively involved in actions to stop Brexit.

The Royal Family are nothing but a distraction Supersub6.

I said it on another thread, I see very little real evidence that Corbyn's personal belief is to stay in the EU. He seems hellbent on negotiating a mutually acceptable Brexit with the EU should he get the opportunity. I believe like 17.4 million others, he is a Leaver.

I said it on another thread, I see very little real evidence that Corbyn's personal belief is to stay in the EU. He seems hellbent on negotiating a mutually acceptable Brexit with the EU should he get the opportunity. I believe like 17.4 million others, he is a Leaver.
    Of course he's a Leaver BT, he's been against the EU scam ever since it's inception, but he's leader of a party whose members have voted to make Remaining in the EU official party policy, so he's in an invidious position, and I can understand his dilemma. If he was a man of principle and sincerity, as he claims he is, he would resign the leadership, but he's no such thing and is just swaying with the wind and following wherever the Remainer membership lead him. It's a sad sight really, a once proud rebel, cowed, subservient and being led by the nose.

But you know all this as well as I do, and why on earth you imagine he's going to get us out of the EU should Labour win I have no idea. You seem to be willfully ignoring the FACT that should Labour win there will be another referendum, in which 2 million EU citizens and 16 and 17 year old snowflakes will be allowed to vote.

So take that bucket off of your head BT, take a deep breath, look around and accept the bleedin obvious, that a Labour government under Corbyn means another referendum, which Remain win comfortably and we Remain in the EU. Come on BT, stop being silly, you know the time of day, you may not like it, but is a clear, inescapable fact that the only way we leave the EU is under a Boris led Tory government.

1959_60 summed it up perfectly, Corbyn and his willingness to compromise his personal integrity, or the bellicose, lying toerag Johnson, the two options are bloody awful.

The bottom line is I want out of the EU shi-tshow, I'll worry about what happens afterwards!

1959_60 summed it up perfectly, Corbyn and his willingness to compromise his personal integrity, or the bellicose, lying toerag Johnson, the two options are bloody awful.

The bottom line is I want out of the EU shi-tshow, I'll worry about what happens afterwards!
    What's the worst that can happen BT ? if Boris wins the good news is we'll be out of the EU, then if the Left's view of Boris is correct, he'll wreck the country and in a few years time there'll be another election, which will be a landslide for a sensible, moderate left of centre Labour Party. OK you might have to wait a year or two, but for compo we're out of the EU. 2024, an independent UK, well out of the EU, and a Labour government. Seriously, it's not that appalling a prospect it ?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)