+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cardiff City v Barnsley Match Thoughts

Just seen the score! What a shocker......

Quote Originally Posted by perkytyke View Post
    Just seen the score! What a shocker......
    We were best for 1st quarter of an hour

Were the better team in the second half

At 2-1 flint pushed Chaplin after he’d got goalside but another crap official who is too spineless to give a pen

Tomlin (off the ball and whilst we were on the counter attack) decided to shove his head into Anderson’s for the ref to give a drop ball to their GK! Refs decision even though he didn’t see it and couldn’t be bothered asking the linesman decided a yellow card each was the best remedy - Tomlin is a cheating fat t*** (allegedly) and should’ve walked for me, and typically goes onto score

All in all we deserved at least a point

Quote Originally Posted by renno View Post
    We were best for 1st quarter of an hour

Were the better team in the second half

At 2-1 flint pushed Chaplin after he’d got goalside but another crap official who is too spineless to give a pen

Tomlin (off the ball and whilst we were on the counter attack) decided to shove his head into Anderson’s for the ref to give a drop ball to their GK! Refs decision even though he didn’t see it and couldn’t be bothered asking the linesman decided a yellow card each was the best remedy - Tomlin is a cheating fat t*** (allegedly) and should’ve walked for me, and typically goes onto score

All in all we deserved at least a point
    I haven't seen the game renno and I'm happy to accept your view that we were worth a point .

We've been worth a point or more on several other occasions this season and have fallen short , the WBA away game was the standout .

Personally when it gets to this stage of the season the hard luck stories don't quite wash with me , as I said earlier in the thread managing the game is part n parcel of professional football and we aren't very good at it , it requires ability and experience .

Two goals away from home should have you gaining 3 points .

All day long .

We created some decent football and scored a couple of goals but like Animal says it’s game management not helped by League 1 defenders .

We must concede more goals at the end of games than any other club in history ffs. Gutting

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    I haven't seen the game renno and I'm happy to accept your view that we were worth a point .

We've been worth a point or more on several other occasions this season and have fallen short , the WBA away game was the standout .

Personally when it gets to this stage of the season the hard luck stories don't quite wash with me , as I said earlier in the thread managing the game is part n parcel of professional football and we aren't very good at it , it requires ability and experience .

Two goals away from home should have you gaining 3 points .

All day long .
    I get that and do agree , we’re just not good enough. I disagree with some (I think it’s more on the BBS) who’ve said we’d struggle in league 1 - I don’t think we would at all. The standard of refereeing leaves a lot to be desired though - and that goes on both sides of the fence .

Back to back home games coming up and both winnable .

Two games that in my opinion will define our season , 6 points collected and you can see the obvious possibilities , it also goes the other way too .

If there is to be a climb to safety it starts with these two home games in my opinion .

The last minute goals tend to even themselves out ovva a season. We scored last kick goals to gain points against Derby and Bristol City.

Yet another "must win" game coming up. We've eddem against Luton, Huddersfield, Stoke, and Boro so far this season.

We were told that the run of 8 games beginning with Stoke were the opportunity to climb the table--

Stoke H ---L 2-4
    Blackburn A-- L 2-3
    Boro A--L 0-1
    Hull H--W 3-1
    Cardiff A--L 2-3
    Reading H
    QPR H
    Millwall A

Nothing less than 6 pts is needed from these two ooam games.
    Fixtures not too inviting after Christmas--WBA H, Swansea A, Derby A, Huddersfield H, Bristol City A

Quote Originally Posted by EastStandRed View Post
    We created some decent football and scored a couple of goals but like Animal says it’s game management not helped by League 1 defenders .

We must concede more goals at the end of games than any other club in history ffs. Gutting
    We are on track for shipping nearly 100 goals this season.

The owners have the opportunity to make a difference this January.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    We are on track for shipping nearly 100 goals this season.

The owners have the opportunity to make a difference this January.
    If we can muster three wins I'd love them to try. If we don't then they'd be wasting money merely restoring a bit of pride. If they're too far adrift like now I'd rather they saved their money.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12