+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Today

Quote Originally Posted by TangerineDream View Post
    Good effort again from all the lads, these guys in particular.

Have to also mention Watson and especially Reynolds who was possibly my motm. Couldn’t see clearly who was responsible for letting the Alloa boy score though.

Shame Jamie’s superb shot hit the post. Deserved a goal the lad.
    Robson was my MOM today. Brilliant display, glad he's knuckled down and is realising his potential.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitfieldarab View Post
    Robson was my MOM today. Brilliant display, glad he's knuckled down and is realising his potential.
    Another player who has come in for a bit of stick at times but i always thought he would make it.So glad he is realising his potential at Tannadice as my biggest fear was him achieving success at another club.

100 games for young Jamie too. Blimey, well done.

If he keeps progressing and knuckles down this lad will go far.

Quote Originally Posted by TangerineDream View Post
    100 games for young Jamie too. Blimey, well done.

If he keeps progressing and knuckles down this lad will go far.
    needs to ca canny on the green venoms and fancy dress this party season

Quote Originally Posted by FTFun View Post
    needs to ca canny on the green venoms and fancy dress this party season
    Yeah, I hope he's learnt that particular lesson.

He's done well since we re-established a bit of organisation throughout the club.

He's playing in a settled squad and learning and improving all the time. We are seeing him grasp the opportunity in front of him now, and I'm delighted for him.

It must have been difficult for a young lad playing for us in the toxic ST days and with a lunatic like Csaba 'managing' the team.

I think he'll improve further too. And, should we achieve promotion next summer, I think he will start as our 1st choice LB. It will be down to him then if he can nail that position in an SPL team. I wish him all the best and hope he helps United get promoted and re-establish ourselves in the top league.

Quote Originally Posted by cybershed View Post
    Yeah, I hope he's learnt that particular lesson.

He's done well since we re-established a bit of organisation throughout the club.

He's playing in a settled squad and learning and improving all the time. We are seeing him grasp the opportunity in front of him now, and I'm delighted for him.

It must have been difficult for a young lad playing for us in the toxic ST days and with a lunatic like Csaba 'managing' the team.

I think he'll improve further too. And, should we achieve promotion next summer, I think he will start as our 1st choice LB. It will be down to him then if he can nail that position in an SPL team. I wish him all the best and hope he helps United get promoted and re-establish ourselves in the top league.
    He has matured greatly and now seems like a safe pair of hands. I agree that he would potentially flourish even further against tougher opposition should we achieve promotion. Robbie seems to have got the best out of him

Quote Originally Posted by cybershed View Post

I've been critical of Robson on here, never rated him but your comment has certainly got me thinking and i think you're absolutely correct. Great point made

For the first time in a long time (actually since we were topping the league during McNamaras time) I knew we would win after going a goal down. For years we were beaten just by having the first goal go against us. Things have been going our way all season, team getting beat when we did etc. I'm beginning to feel its finally time....

If we can get over our Jnauauary blues of previous years then this league is ours at last.

I enjoyed that first half immensely. It was great to watch us hem them in and hammer at the door. I ken they are bottom of the league but its still great to watch. A great result without Sir Lawrence and another confidence boost to this team.

I though Robson was great in this match and was my MOTM. Smith at LB played well too and its great to have this quality on both side. The team is picking itself just now but with Shanks fit someone will have to make way although no-one deserves to be dropped. Over to you RN...

Quote Originally Posted by moicher View Post
    I enjoyed that first half immensely. It was great to watch us hem them in and hammer at the door. I ken they are bottom of the league but its still great to watch. A great result without Sir Lawrence and another confidence boost to this team.
    Lost count of how many times i saw every outfield player in the Alloa half in that first half. Wonderful to see!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)