+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Rochdale Post Match Thoughts

We don't punish teams like they do us. We have to work so much harder for our goals.

What an opurtunity wasted, very poor, never looked like scoring, if we could of won we would be third, three piont off Ipswich and seven from top spot. Shocking.

our free kicks, shocking, corners shocking, throw ins lead to us losing possession. Morris is not a winger and was poor and rightly subbed. Our midfield need to do better as they do not create anything for the forwards.

So pissed off tonight. Don't agree with the Warne out brigade though.

But I do think he sets us up in the first instance to nulify the opposition instead of going all out and playing our game and being on the front foot and let them worry about us.

I was quite happy with the line up apart from the selection of Morris but that performance was just flat.

I thought the match went very well.

The minute delay for mental illness awareness and the rainbow laces event

That’s what we were there for weren’t we?

I thought we should have scored first, we started off ok then it just went pear shaped with bad passes again and **** corners
    Officials were **** as per for both sides, Ogbene did dive and it was a very bad one which fooled the Lino
    They scored a great goal because literally no ****er marked him
    Why have we now got wingers but insist on still playing strikers out there?

Better players were on bench imo

MOTM Ihiekwe

Morris went off shaking his head, wasn’t happy about it, well I wasn’t happy in your game and was glad you went off you mardy ****er .

Penalty?
    Last edited by millertop; 07-12-2019 at 07:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    I thought the match went very well.

The minute delay for mental illness awareness and the rainbow laces event

That’s what we were there for weren’t we?
    Did they do it early? I thought that was supposed to be the 3rd round of the FA Cup?

Groundhog Day.
    Yet another game where we didn't move the ball quick enough and allowed them to regroup in numbers. They are well drilled , organised and able cope with our sedentary approach and deserved their goal.
    Didn't,t think the ref was particularly bad and he wasn't the reason why we lost.
    Oggy was the only one with any urgency and the rest of them just take so long with the build up it,s too easy to deal with.
    Felt sorry for Hastie who did ok considering when the ball was played to him he had three players to beat. Need to be quicker and give him a chance.

Did anybody expect any different ?

When have we played well this season with any consistency?

I’ve got to be honest Warne is looking more and more like a one trick pony.

I don’t care if the lads put effort in that’s the minimum requirement.

This is a terrible standard and we look no better.

Poor performance against a team that’s lost their last five games.Its Brins fault with guess the score.

Rochdale were the better footballing side

Disappointed but not wrist-slittingly so.

We had a few good moments and a draw would have been a fairer result. Our biggest fault seemed to be our inability to put in crosses that were sufficiently distant from Sanchez, the Rochdale keeper, who had a confident though not particularly challenging game. I thought Vassell should have come on earlier. He began to make a difference but it was a bit late and everybody seemed a bit resigned by then. Morris's contribution is increasingly questionable. (He also got the lip on when he was subbed - I'd be surprised to see him start in the next game.) Good to see Joe Mattock back. Had a solid though fairly uninspiring game.

Rochdale played like they had nothing to lose and they did it pretty well. We are unfortunately a little too easy to read and they pressed well to keep us a bit unbalanced in mid-field. Credit to them. The goal was well taken and they kept us at bay after that. Clearly the substitute team that they had to field because of injuries had something to prove.

The kid, Luke Matheson, at right back looked pretty sharp and made the pass from which they scored. He's seven**** but looks about twelve and played his initial match for Rochdale when he was still fif****. (He's a local Rochdale lad and both Manchester clubs are after him.)

Rochdale are definitely a bogey team for us at home. That's our fourth successive defeat to them in South Yorkshire and we've lost six out of eight at home in the last twenty years (one win; one draw.) Clearly the power of hoodoo is greater than the logic of what form would suggest...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast