+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rochdale Post Match Thoughts

Rochdale Post Match Thoughts

Well we've slipped and slid around on a few banana skins these past couple of weeks and finally fell over on our arses against a team coming into the game on the back of 5 straight losses but with a good record at NYS. After an abject 75 minutes on Monday but getting out of jail against a non-league team was today to be expected? Is the grass at NYS too good for us? Are we a good team playing poorly more than we should or are we just not that good?

Thoughts?

I think it’s going to be an upper mid table kind of season but fair play to Rochdale they certainly know how to win at the NYS.

We are losing too many games, particularly at home.

I shouldn't comment. In fact as I didn't go I won't comment on the game. But I do have Post Match Thoughts. In all my time supporting RUFC on many occasions I've disagreed with others on the ability of players and managers. But these days I feel like the guy in the film The Body Snatchers. I have lost confidence in my judgement on football. I see a complete waste of space who imo wouldn't get another job in football anywhere and I'm continually told on here we're lucky to have him, best manager outside the top half of the Championship. Somebody's wrong. If it's me then it's me but these home performance s are pathetic and unacceptable.

Quote Originally Posted by wendun View Post
    I shouldn't comment. In fact as I didn't go I won't comment on the game. But I do have Post Match Thoughts. In all my time supporting RUFC on many occasions I've disagreed with others on the ability of players and managers. But these days I feel like the guy in the film The Body Snatchers. I have lost confidence in my judgement on football. I see a complete waste of space who imo wouldn't get another job in football anywhere and I'm continually told on here we're lucky to have him, best manager outside the top half of the Championship. Somebody's wrong. If it's me then it's me but these home performance s are pathetic and unacceptable.
    So needless to say you remain confident in our 'will manage at a higher level' bet? Must admit I'm beginning to wonder if those who aspire to the 'more luck than judgement' theory are on the right tracks.

Good goal buy Rochdale but hugely disappointing creativity by us today. We just looked like as creative as a telesales man

****ing useless

Millers had 52% possession, 12 shots (6 on target), 8 corners
    Once again too wasteful, not sharp enough up front

Warne has to go.
    Monday night shocking.
    Today was woefully poor.
    First half long ball to Freddie or crooks no midfield backing up.
    Wiles shocking crooks shocking.

We look a poor team Manager not getting the best out of the players.

Times up

Their goalie had a good game but we made it too easy for him. Most corners, free kicks and crosses went straight into his arms, We are a young side and it shows we are basically a bit wet behind the ears. We need a midfield general with a bit of nouse to direct things. I thought that might be Mcdonald when we signed him but he has proved to be a bit of a sick note. We are a capable team on our day but we are also an incapable one. Would agree with the mid to upper table finish comment. Not gonna be good enough for the play offs... better luck next seson maybe when our players have matured a bit. Not sure we will ever have the old head in midfield tho cos it will cost us...

MOMs probably Iekwe, Ogbene rest average to poor...
    Last edited by rolymiller; 07-12-2019 at 05:50 PM.

It’s how we concede goals, their player attacked the ball and scored his marker stood still...the stats flattered us we huffed and puffed.

If you are a really poor side you have an excellent chance of 3 points at NYS

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast