+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Rochdale Post Match Thoughts

You don't need Morris when you've got Vassell, but then I don't think we need him either, they're both ineffective.

Norwich have been loaning Morris out for 5 years and gave him an extension until next May, I can't see them renewing it again somehow.

Rochdale deserved their victory. Their shooting was much better than ours, and they defended well. The keeper was a throw-back to an era when they came and collected crosses. Love to see that. Two rather poor shots on goal, not enough.

I

Quote Originally Posted by ces View Post
    I
    It’s wasn’t good but not that bad.

I

me me me!

I
    Spy

We certainly didn't deserve to lose IMO, but also certainly didn't deserve to win, and in close games like this it usually takes either one mistake or something special to make the difference, and the goal was certainly a bit special, for me anyway.
    We didn't move the ball around nearly quickly enough, in fact it looked pedestrian at times, and against a solid league one team like rochdale, it plays into their hands.
    Unless we have players injured we don't know about, I don't understand the reasoning behind playing a centre forward on the wing (Morris) and leaving a winger on the bench (Hastie) especially at home.
    I didn't understand lindsay coming off at half time (unless he was injured) as for me he was our best player first half, and also didnt understand taking olusunde off as we were causing them problems down that side.
    All in all a frustrating day at the office for all of us, and for once I can't complain too much about the referee , because for me he was one of the better ones we've had this season UTM

Too many players had a bad day. Wiles, Olosunde, Lindsay were sloppy and gave away possession too easily. Ladapo was ineffective, Morris did naff all as usual, Mattock looked slow and leggy although perhaps not fully match fit coming back from injury.
    We were piss weak in front of goal, had a few clear chances and half chances.

I'll give Rochdale the credit they deserve though, they looked sharp and organised. They had composure and some quality. The goal was well taken and deserved. Their keeper was awesome for them, caught everything in the air and made a couple of crucial saves. I like Iverson but I wish we had their keeper.

The officials weren't the worst I've seen this season but still very poor.

All in all I think our efforts deserved something but today wasn't our day.

We are like a rudderless ship desperate for a midfield captain to control and organise. This is more critical because we have a management team who (the Coventry kamikaze aside) have been tactically out manoeuvered in probably every game at NYS. Some of the substitutions have appeared guesswork and beggar belief and a lot of the football we have seen has been boring. Great pity because we have some half decent players who could be better utilised. Worryingly though there is also some dross (eg Ladapo and Vassell) and some who seem to be going backwards (eg Robertson). Waiting for slo-mo Morris to break sweat ! There needs to be positive recruitment in January if we are to have any chance of making the play-offs. I don't want to be adding my name to the Warne doubters.

In no way acceptable.

Last season it was late goals, this season it seems to be, let the opposition score first and then we play. Except, this time it didn't work. Let's be honest Rochdale are crap and we should be beating these teams. How the hell are we conceding 3 goals against Solihull? It just isn't good enough with this group of players. Pathetic actually.

The manager either sorts this out in the transfer window or he goes.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast