+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Arab Zone

Arab Zone

Had the misfortune to listen to a bit of Arab zone audio commentary today.

It has actually got worse.

The main thing someone listening wants to know is what is happening in the match.

As a minimum I’d like to know if United or Alloa are attacking and if they might be a about to score.

It was just random shouts when something was happening.

There was often no clue for the listener who was attacking or what we should be hoping for in listening to the radio.

When an indiscriminate shout went out. Even after they calmed down from whatever had been said like ‘oh that’s close’ it was still a long time before an actual explanation was provided.

The better part of commentary was when one of the two commentators took a comfort break (yes, he just left for some minutes of the commentary!). At that time we actually had some commentary break out and were told what was happening.

Surely United can do better

I'm in Norway just now so i streamed the game live, assuming its the as listening and the two guys were a massive improvement but i know what you mean about the commentary detail in general, different when watching to listening

Yes be ok if could watch.

I don’t if problem today was because the guys were assuming / commentating as if everyone watching on stream.

A radio and a stream needs a different commentary and level of description. Maybe have 2 different commentaries

Agree mate, can see what you mean, the commentary although a massive improvement wouldnt be so good if just listening in

Just watched the goals on the zone now. No idea what that commentary was supposed to be, could have done better myself. Buffered all the way through too, very annoying. Two lovely goals though, great build up play.

As an overseas fan I choose to watch games when I can.
    It's £8 and I enjoy the chance to see the team in action and contribute money to the club.

But the experience is terrible. Poor camerawork, no close ups or replays of incidents or goals.
    The commentary is average at best, sorry to say but it's time to retire the co commentator, he sounds like he just woke up in the pub. Dreadful stuff.
    It's disappointing because I look forward to seeing United but dread the Arabzone experience of it.

We've got a Managing Director who should be sorting this. C'mon Mal get your finger out.

It’s getting to the stage that’s it’s better turning the volume off right before the goal is scored! Whoever it is that screams down the mic wants to realise that isn’t cool! I thought this week might be better as different people on but it was worse!

Quote Originally Posted by arabchic View Post
    It’s getting to the stage that’s it’s better turning the volume off right before the goal is scored! Whoever it is that screams down the mic wants to realise that isn’t cool! I thought this week might be better as different people on but it was worse!
    Personally I don’t mind the biased commentary and like the cheering for the goals.

They need to actually make the effort to commentate though. Great being biased etc and bit of banter that’s fine but still do the basics

To be fair to the zone, it has come on tremendously over the last season, only slight buffering on saturdays game and clarity much better, some replays need bettie edited as the game can be missed, my only real negative is the constant schoolboy gibberish the commentators come out with. A good professional commentary with United bias is needed. Behind the goal action from time to time at corners etc would be good.

But I would say the value for my €10 has improved, keep up the improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    no close ups or replays of incidents or goals.
    there was on saturday past

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)