+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: v Blackburn

We need to give the bloke a chance. Lampard gutted our squad last year and patched it over with 3 exceptional loans, this season was always going to be hard, and that's without the additional blows. I get that it's hard to watch, but changing again just continues the stagnation. We need to give this guy a chance, to rebuild the team and shape us into serious contenders, even if it means a bit of pain in the short term.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    How many good balls has he had to do anything with? The team, as a whole either plays badly or well. Preston was very good. Since then it has been abject. Same players, different performance. It's not all roses but it aint all dog sh*t either. What is it, 5 wins and a draw in the last 6 home games, 6 defeats and no goals in the last 6 away games (or something of that ilk)?

Compared to last season, as well as the 3 brilliant loanees, we no longer have......

Carson, Cole, Keogh, McDonald (who I thought to be a better prospect than Max Lowe), Olsson, Bryson, Butterfield, Johnson, King, Thorne and Nugent.

Some of those were either injured and/or loaned out and not really in contention but fit, it is a decent XI. Dowell in for King you might say is no improvement/regression. Of the rest, Carson would be an improvement as would Cole and a fit Keogh. Johnson had a good season for us.

We can all think what we like but I do not believe Cocu's job is in danger.
    MA tired of hearing excuses for Martin oh he holds the ball up How many good balls does he get ? You should be asking why doesn't he do more to be in a position to get more good balls
    He just strolls through every game doing as little as possible You can say all those names who have gone ,don't mean a thing apart from Keogh and the loanees the contribution of the rest was negligible You can come up with all sorts of facts about home and away results ,at the end of the day he's won 6out of 21matches I don't and never have thought Cocu job was under threat ,purely on financial terms , But if he continues to send teams out set up like the last two matches Then the crowd will turn ,after all it is supposed to be an entertainment

Lampard is to blame entirely for this whole mess. Why people praise and love him I will never know, he went to Wembley and didn't start a striker, and then took all summer to feck off leaving us in this absolute mess

Hopefully the piece of s*** gets the inevitable boot from Chelsea soon, they have been slightly lucky this season in that the rest of the chasing pack are led by a David Mcgoldrick Sheffield United ffs.

I'd just send Patterson and Dowell back to be honest

Hamer can't go back because we need 2 goalies, and the other one is no hands Roos

Mel Morris? again, the bloke is a facking curse

/
    Quote Originally Posted by Manofpride View Post
    I think Davies, Evans, Waghorn, Martin, Lawrence, Bennett, Jozefzoon, Patterson, Anya and Dowell all have to move on ASAP!
    I'm also beginning to think Cocu isn't the man for the job. I know we have to give him time but I can't see any passion from him what so ever! The football has been so depressing since he took over, if this is the Derby way expect attendances to drop very rapidly!
    Hang on MoP...of those you’ve mentioned above I think Cocu has brought just two in, both on loan. I agree they can go but 80% of those you’ve listed he inherited and at least another three point to Lampard’s poor signings rather than anything Cocu has done wrong.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 08-12-2019 at 03:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DCFCArmy View Post
    Lampard is to blame entirely for this whole mess. Why people praise and love him I will never know, he went to Wembley and didn't start a striker, and then took all summer to feck off leaving us in this absolute mess

Hopefully the piece of s*** gets the inevitable boot from Chelsea soon, they have been slightly lucky this season in that the rest of the chasing pack are led by a David Mcgoldrick in Sheffield United ffs.
    Yes you mean the same Sheff Utd who have already doubled our points total the last time we were in the Prem ,still half the season left as well

Quote Originally Posted by DCFCArmy View Post
    I'd just send Patterson and Dowell back to be honest

Hamer can't go back because we need 2 goalies, and the other one is no hands Roos

Mel Morris? again, the bloke is a facking curse
    Does anybody know what position Mel Morris plays seems to be at fault for all these defeats

I feel its time to blood Sibley
    He looks to have a bit about him. I'm not saying a start but coming off the bench will let us see if can cut it
    also Jamal Hector Igram
    Can't be any worse than what we have on the pitch at the moment

Quote Originally Posted by eddy779h34 View Post
    I feel its time to blood Sibley
    He looks to have a bit about him. I'm not saying a start but coming off the bench will let us see if can cut it
    also Jamal Hector Igram
    Can't be any worse than what we have on the pitch at the moment
    Eddy I've seen a lot of Sibley he's a talent not the finished article yet as you would expect But he's quick, full of energy, fearless, rocket of a left foot . He deserves a chance let's face it the ones with the shirt are not doing it at the moment There is a but though when he's played against the good teams Chelsea Leicester etc he hasn't shone Talking of Leicester that's were we should be going in Jan they have some cracking players in their U23 side . As for Hectic- Ingram he's scoring plenty but he's still a novice yet Much better to stick with Whittiker at the moment But he needs playing down the middle not stuck out on the right ,He's a good player strong and skilfully and good finisher

Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post
    Eddy I've seen a lot of Sibley he's a talent not the finished article yet as you would expect But he's quick, full of energy, fearless, rocket of a left foot . He deserves a chance let's face it the ones with the shirt are not doing it at the moment There is a but though when he's played against the good teams Chelsea Leicester etc he hasn't shone Talking of Leicester that's were we should be going in Jan they have some cracking players in their U23 side . As for Hectic- Ingram he's scoring plenty but he's still a novice yet Much better to stick with Whittiker at the moment But he needs playing down the middle not stuck out on the right ,He's a good player strong and skilfully and good finisher

I'd just like to know what Cocu's pan A is before worrying as to whether he has a plan B!

His position will only be in threat if we are in danger of relegation, on current performances we will be heading that way fast!

Mel's the one who calls the shots and has IMO wasted millions on this club, either he isn't advised very well or he doesn't listen to the advice - I am staggered at the way we have wasted big money on players who have take big pay packets and produced diddly squat, wouldn't mind if we had done the occasional Norwich or Sheff Utd and actually been promoted for a season but IMO we are a prime example of a badly run club - some of its bad luck but most is poor overall management.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)