+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: v Blackburn

Same goes for Stretton. One to watch but not 1st XI ready yet.

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    I'd just like to know what Cocu's pan A is before worrying as to whether he has a plan B!

His position will only be in threat if we are in danger of relegation, on current performances we will be heading that way fast!

Mel's the one who calls the shots and has IMO wasted millions on this club, either he isn't advised very well or he doesn't listen to the advice - I am staggered at the way we have wasted big money on players who have take big pay packets and produced diddly squat, wouldn't mind if we had done the occasional Norwich or Sheff Utd and actually been promoted for a season but IMO we are a prime example of a badly run club - some of its bad luck but most is poor overall management.
    Not forgetting the managerial merry go round and various definitive policies such as the Derby Way that are 'the future' but which are quickly consigned to the bin as his Tarot Cards come up with something new!!
    He's like Zebedee, boooiiiinnnnggg all over the place and Coco is his latest 'light bulb' moment!!
    Trouble is it costs money paying up contracts of managers and their entourage whilst giving monopoly money to dead weight players!
    I hope he makes a better job of finding new investment but I ain't holding my breath!!

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    I'd just like to know what Cocu's pan A is before worrying as to whether he has a plan B!

His position will only be in threat if we are in danger of relegation, on current performances we will be heading that way fast!

Mel's the one who calls the shots and has IMO wasted millions on this club, either he isn't advised very well or he doesn't listen to the advice - I am staggered at the way we have wasted big money on players who have take big pay packets and produced diddly squat, wouldn't mind if we had done the occasional Norwich or Sheff Utd and actually been promoted for a season but IMO we are a prime example of a badly run club - some of its bad luck but most is poor overall management.
    Yes millions been wasted most down to MM putting the club in the day to day running by Sam Rush . We all know what him and agent pals did. MM has admitted his mistake and is a lot more hands on now Personally I've enjoyed all the playoffs and finals ,but hindsight is always a wonderful thing

Quote Originally Posted by macstheman View Post
    Not forgetting the managerial merry go round and various definitive policies such as the Derby Way that are 'the future' but which are quickly consigned to the bin as his Tarot Cards come up with something new!!
    He's like Zebedee, boooiiiinnnnggg all over the place and Coco is his latest 'light bulb' moment!!
    Trouble is it costs money paying up contracts of managers and their entourage whilst giving monopoly money to dead weight players!
    I hope he makes a better job of finding new investment but I ain't holding my breath!!
    Well the last two managers have not cost anything to go have they .We actually made £5.7million from them

I also did say Marriott was a waste of space who was overrated because of his 30 goals in a team entirely set up to score goals, how many mugs have they taken to the cleaners because of this model? A lot of their strikers are vastly overpriced because of the goals they score, and like I said Marriott was just another one of those in a long line of strikers who benefit from that style of play

Turns out he's a lazy bum to boot.

As for Mel Morris and his bright ideas.... you need to leave the club alone so it can prosper and naturally progress with the idea put in place. Morris is a clown that likes to get involved, he's thus created a flat atmosphere at the club

Cocu would have been absolutely brilliant with us back in the Americans days (Nigel Clough days), where he'd have been left alone and allowed to build the club up from the bottom like Cloughie was afforded. There would have been no stupid signings based on reputation either.

We've got a mismash of players from various managers... and who's to blame for that? MORRIS!!!!

Cocu needs time, just wish he'd stop chopping and changing the formation and tactics.. but maybe that's down ot having a load of dross from previous managers we've had.

I like Cocu he reminds me of Cloughie (Nigel) in some ways. If he had owners like Nigels he's sort this mess out in his own time. Sadly he's got Melanie and his drones.

Quote Originally Posted by DCFCArmy View Post
    I also did say Marriott was a waste of space who was overrated because of his 30 goals in a team entirely set up to score goals, how many mugs have they taken to the cleaners because of this model? A lot of their strikers are vastly overpriced because of the goals they score, and like I said Marriott was just another one of those in a long line of strikers who benefit from that style of play

No it turns out what we all know you know f**I all about football

I like Cocu he reminds me of Cloughie (Nigel) in some ways. If he had owners like Nigels he's sort this mess out in his own time. Sadly he's got Melanie and his drones.
    Aye his team plays ****ing terrible football as well, still if there was an example of "damning by faint praise" I think you have done it!

This makes it all sound very Hales-like. We paid £440K for a proven striker. He had a great partnership with Flanagan at Charlton and scored a lot of goals via knock downs and flick ons from Flanagan. His other goals came from his great speed over 25 yards, he would chase through balls and score. What did Derby do? Bought him to replace O'Hare, a target man, and asked him to play the O'Hare role. Haes didn't have that skill set. He scored 4 goals in 20 odd appearances and we sold him to WHU for £330K. 10 goals for them in 24 games saw him move back to the Valley..... back to the striking partner who had also had a partnership with Hales' wife according to the red tops.

Marriott scored for fun when the team at Peterborough was set up to feed him. That isn't happening at Derby. JM is a good but limited player and will only succeed if the club plays to his strengths.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)