+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: v Blackburn

v Blackburn

Did we manage to conjure up a shot at goal??
    Who picks the team, Monty Python??
    Yes, we've got injuries but at least try and fffing score!!

Quote Originally Posted by macstheman View Post
    Did we manage to conjure up a shot at goal??
    Who picks the team, Monty Python??
    Yes, we've got injuries but at least try and fffing score!!
    You managed one, in injury time.

I can't take the piss though, certain individuals get upset

Take the piss by all means we are dog vomit

Cocu needs time and hopefully he gets it... but

Why does he keep changing the formation? he's "experimenting" ?? sorry but you need to pick a formation, a style and stick with it, then you can find the right personal to implement your style and formation tactics. 352 one minute, 442 the next, 433 the next, 4231 the next, 122212 next? its getting absolutely ridiculous

We were doing fine with the Forest game tactics, that was probably the best formation we could play, it was working and Cocu only needed to wait for the transfer window to start weeding out the dudds and getting his own players in.

He started off playing 4231? He's starting to look like a man with to many plans ffs

Quote Originally Posted by DCFCArmy View Post

Why does he keep changing the formation? he's "experimenting" ?? sorry but you need to pick a formation, a style and stick with it, then you can find the right personal to implement your style and formation tactics. 352 one minute, 442 the next, 433 the next, 4231 the next, 122212 next? its getting absolutely ridiculous

We were doing fine with the Forest game tactics, that was probably the best formation we could play, it was working and Cocu only needed to wait for the transfer window to start weeding out the dudds and getting his own players in.

He started off playing 4231? He's starting to look like a man with to many plans ffs
    Yes we were doing ok with the Forest game tactics But don't know if you have noticed but four of that team are long term injuries now But have to agree with you we are dog **** now I've just got back from Blackburn and it was even worse than last week Anybody on here who thinks this squad can't get us relegated needs to think again we are atrocious Watched the Millwall v Forest game last night both of them are a million times better than us

How many of our managers in the past 10 years have been slated for not having a plan B? All of them!!

Now we get one who uses different formations and even changes formation in a game and he gets slated for it. Can we make our minds up?

Quote Originally Posted by DCFCArmy View Post

Everything you have said argues against giving him more time. Coco the Clown is on the same track as Silva and Pochettino out of teh door.

I think Davies, Evans, Waghorn, Martin, Lawrence, Bennett, Jozefzoon, Patterson, Anya and Dowell all have to move on ASAP!
    I'm also beginning to think Cocu isn't the man for the job. I know we have to give him time but I can't see any passion from him what so ever! The football has been so depressing since he took over, if this is the Derby way expect attendances to drop very rapidly!

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    How many of our managers in the past 10 years have been slated for not having a plan B? All of them!!

Now we get one who uses different formations and even changes formation in a game and he gets slated for it. Can we make our minds up?
    Sorry but if you think it's fun to watch football using a goalkeeper five defenders and two holding midfielders and one striker who has the first touch of an elephant then that's your prerogative . I'm not one for changing managers but after 20 matches I've not got a clue what his system is Yes he's had an awful lot of bad luck on and if the pitch but his player choice and formations are baffling to say the least Take Max Lowe gets MoM four matches ago not played a minute since He keeps bringing Martin on I've watched his last 380 minutes of play He's not had a shot he's a striker ffs Don't get me going about Lawrence hopefully give him away in Jan if anybody will touch him

Quote Originally Posted by Manofpride View Post
    I think Davies, Evans, Waghorn, Martin, Lawrence, Bennett, Jozefzoon, Patterson, Anya and Dowell all have to move on ASAP!
    I'm also beginning to think Cocu isn't the man for the job. I know we have to give him time but I can't see any passion from him what so ever! The football has been so depressing since he took over, if this is the Derby way expect attendances to drop very rapidly!
    MoP think you can add Hamer Huddleston and Malone to your list

Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post
    He keeps bringing Martin on I've watched his last 380 minutes of play He's not had a shot he's a striker ffs
    How many good balls has he had to do anything with? The team, as a whole either plays badly or well. Preston was very good. Since then it has been abject. Same players, different performance. It's not all roses but it aint all dog sh*t either. What is it, 5 wins and a draw in the last 6 home games, 6 defeats and no goals in the last 6 away games (or something of that ilk)?

Compared to last season, as well as the 3 brilliant loanees, we no longer have......

Carson, Cole, Keogh, McDonald (who I thought to be a better prospect than Max Lowe), Olsson, Bryson, Butterfield, Johnson, King, Thorne and Nugent.

Some of those were either injured and/or loaned out and not really in contention but fit, it is a decent XI. Dowell in for King you might say is no improvement/regression. Of the rest, Carson would be an improvement as would Cole and a fit Keogh. Johnson had a good season for us.

We can all think what we like but I do not believe Cocu's job is in danger.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)