+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: We are on a slippery slide!!

I haven't watched it yet, I'm not sure I want to. I'm sure there is far more to it than this, but it does occur to me that the last two debacles have occurred with Hendrick at CM, where I have always said he was a disaster waiting to happen, despite many fans saying this was his best position. Just to re-iterate though, I'm not blaming Hendrick for what's happening, it runs far, far deeper than that.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    I haven't watched it yet, I'm not sure I want to. I'm sure there is far more to it than this, but it does occur to me that the last two debacles have occurred with Hendrick at CM, where I have always said he was a disaster waiting to happen, despite many fans saying this was his best position. Just to re-iterate though, I'm not blaming Hendrick for what's happening, it runs far, far deeper than that.
    I think what’s happend Sinkov is that the three most critical players to our system and make up are sidelined and Dyche has hit a brick wall because you can’t make Cork Hendrick centrally quicker and competitive especially when most weeks they play against a three from other teams centrally.

And then Taylor probably our quickest player and Bardsley our out of the back four , it’s creating havoc and we can’t deal with it especially against the last two opponents with pace and movement.

I know we keep going back to it but we are weak , part of the core of the team is missing and it’s so apparent to who we play they are on it in a breath.

The squad is too small and it’s full of older footballers who can no longer compete at this level hence our back up players simply aren’t good enough.

On top of that and I’ve posted this before as well over the last 3 seasons , Sean s in ability to change shape to react to other managers tactics I think sometimes really catches us out , they set up there way score or change shape and then score and we don’t have the ability or pace to get back into the game hence we try but get punished and lose again.

Rule number 1: When your opponents have the ball, ENGAGE and win it back.

Allowing this quality of opposition the length of the field is suicide. Plain and simple.

On this performance Mee and Lowton need a rest and Pieters does not have the speed of thought or pace in his legs to play at this level.

Sorry Erik, you were dire.

Rule number 2: When you have the ball, DO NOT give it back to the opposition at the first phucking opportunity.

What match was SD watching. FFS . Championship beckoning .better games. Think time is up for SD

Baffled by his tactics against Citeh, even more baffled on Saturday.

Fortunately for SD he has loads of credit in the bank yet.

Big game on Saturday, sorry to miss it, but me and the Child Bride are off to visit a few of Germany's best Christmas markets.

Dortmund, Essen, Dusseldorf, Cologne, Bochum and Duisburg in no particular order.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Baffled by his tactics against Citeh, even more baffled on Saturday.

Fortunately for SD he has loads of credit in the bank yet.

Big game on Saturday, sorry to miss it, but me and the Child Bride are off to visit a few of Germany's best Christmas markets.

Dortmund, Essen, Dusseldorf, Cologne, Bochum and Duisburg in no particular order.
    What's wrong with Manchester ?

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    What's wrong with Manchester ?
    Doesn't compare sinkov.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)