+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: We are on a slippery slide!!

We are on a slippery slide!!

Well after another debacle, We are well and Truly Stuffed...
    Make No mistake, We are Truly heading for the trap door,...Improving Newcastle next,..Lose that And I think we are done.

How the Hell Did we manage 7th,...Cannot blame being in Europe this time...

Dyche ? Garlic? Rigg ? Who is to blame?.....We have not improved our squad,...Again Dyche, Garlic, Rigg....Not sure what the latter actually does??

yep agree fully but listened to dyche post match interview think he's at another game with is comments

It's only a game .. Don't worry be happy.. The chumpionship is much better to watch..

I didn't go today, but three of my mates did. The word is we were bloody awful!

I have been saying the slippery slide started even before that 7th place finish Jon.

I don't listen to any post match interviews Dyche does now saffron as you are right, he seems to see a different game, or as I'd put it he's a good talker and bullsh!t sometimes baffles brains.

Credit where it is due though, Dyche has worked miracles since he came here, but he's done it through sheer graft, determination and a very lot of luck.

He's been here 7 years, and he's responsible for Tactics and Transfers in and out, for the last 3/4 seasons the team has not been strengthened, its had a few "so called" calibre players but most of all been filled with journeymen, has been's, bargain basement players and even players who cost millions who find their place on the bench or not in the squad at all.

With the above he seems to have NO plan B, with substitutions seemingly not happening fast enough to change/save a game, Like I have said above he has not got a lot to choose from in his squad but again its his remit to sort that.

The Squad is either getting too old, or it is not PL quality, I'd say we have only a handful of adequate players and in general its not been addressed very well.

We may be one of only a few Clubs operating at a profit, but no wonder as our squad have suffered because of poor building and because it has been left too long its going to be harder and more expensive to build a PL equipped team.

Buying players does not guarantee PL safety, but it helps, having a Manager who has a plan B also helps, I want our Club to at least compete, but with the last few years having our hands stuck in our pockets its been hard and will not get any easier.

I didn't see the match....but I know a good mensch and spurs fan that did - and Wow - was he surprised at the ease of it !

He's pulled us round before, will he do it again, or is this it ? 3 points off the drop zone, the trap door is creaking beneath our feet, chickens are coming home to roost, the vultures are circling overhead, panic buttons are being pressed, up to our necks in the brown stuff, Samaritans Hotline in meltdown, must win game coming up, I'll stop now, run out of cliches.

I'm as sick as a parrot this morning sinkov, I feel like I'm on a sinking ship and the jackals are at the back door.

What must Ben Gibson think? The floodgates are open and he still won't get a game.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    I'm as sick as a parrot this morning sinkov, I feel like I'm on a sinking ship and the jackals are at the back door.

What must Ben Gibson think? The floodgates are open and he still won't get a game.
    I can only he imagines he checks his latest bank statement, smiles and thinks, there are probably worse jobs.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    I can only he imagines he checks his latest bank statement, smiles and thinks, there are probably worse jobs.
    After watching the whole sorry debacle in the early hours of this morning, the only coherent message coming out of my head was WTF?

Dyche needs to play Tarkowski in the Eric Dier role and put Gibson in alongside Mee.

FFS Lowton was bloody awful again, Jay Rod missed an absolute sitter and for some unfathomable reason we gave the Spurs front three the freedom of the pitch. Other than that, we were dreadful.

Even more worrying, the match commentator Andy Townsend was bigging McNeil up to such an extent he added £10 million to the price tag. We will NOT keep hold of McNeil much longer!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)