+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Yates

matt derbysire
    33 year old
    played 102 games since leaving us and scored 58 goals....

yates is not the answer

Yes let’s bring back Yates, and Jonson Clarke-Harris, and whilst we’re at it tell John Breckin to get his boots out of the loft.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolmorgan View Post
    Could be worse Eoin Doyle scored twice as many & he’s on loan from Bradford.
    Lol, I was just thinking that myself. How the heck have Bradford let him go on loan?

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    second highest scorer in league 2. It would be daft not to get him back
    It's a difficult one to judge... He might not be good enough for the Championship, but is he better than Morris (occasional good game/rare goal) or Vassell (injured most of the time/ hasn't scored a league goal for us yet!), and possibly more suited to playing wide? Ryan Taylor went out on loan and improved a lot, Yates may have done. I've not seen him play for Swindon, so I dont' know. Somebody at RUFC will have been doing that though (I hope!), and he is scoring a lot of goals... unlike Morris, Vassell, and our real wingers, although in a division below us.
    Last edited by mikemiller; 08-12-2019 at 08:52 AM.

If Yates has now had a decent run in their first team and has got the confidence of scoring regularly he might do well in Div one.
    PW still thinks he,s got something because he,s said so and hasn't released him.
    He had faith in Icky, sent him out on loan and he,s now the best defender in the division and is my MoM virtually every week

A striker who scores regularly in div 2 is a lot better option than those who never score in div one so I,d give him another chance with us in the New Year

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    They all drink in a Yates whine lodge
    That is quite a clever play on words Grist

Doing well in L2 and might do well in L1 but still the question should be about championship

Maybe we could get him back to play on wing

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    Doing well in L2 and might do well in L1 but still the question should be about championship

Maybe we could get him back to play on wing
    We already have wingers who warne doesn't play. Lamy always looks sharp in the reserve's and scores a few though he's a long way off the first team. If so get him loaned out. He's only 19 and needs development time

We finished the game yesterday with half the team as strikers. Sadly they are non scoring strikers

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    We already have wingers who warne doesn't play. Lamy always looks sharp in the reserve's and scores a few though he's a long way off the first team. If so get him loaned out. He's only 19 and needs development time

We finished the game yesterday with half the team as strikers. Sadly they are non scoring strikers
    I know we have wingers 🙄

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    If Yates has now had a decent run in their first team and has got the confidence of scoring regularly he might do well in Div one.
    PW still thinks he,s got something because he,s said so and hasn't released him.
    He had faith in Icky, sent him out on loan and he,s now the best defender in the division and is my MoM virtually every week

A striker who scores regularly in div 2 is a lot better option than those who never score in div one so I,d give him another chance with us in the New Year
    Spot on Flour. Icky is a good example went to accy in a lower division and began to flower, yates could do the same so it would be daft not to give him another chance till the end of the season. if he proves to be no better fair enough let him go...we aint owt to lose as I doubt we will be getting a prolific striker in the jan transfer window...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast