+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Team vs Southampton

Team vs Southampton

What do we think...same again?

Would be harsh on the team to make changes unless there's been an injury (hopefully Saint Maximin has recovered from his ankle injury). BUT...we can't play like that at home...it would be taking the piss. The first half was an absolute shocker on Thursday and we were very lucky to go in a goal ahead. Not denying the spirit and application but we were poor.

Carroll is not the answer but it says a lot about Joelinton's start to the season that Carroll is possibly a more effective option at the minute and with the way we're set up. Clark and Dummett have done very well but you'd think once Schar and Lejeune are fully fit they'd be starters. Shelvey has hit his straps lately so hopefully that will continue and SURELY Almiron will score at last??

I can see a few changes
    Don't see big Andy starting at all

I think Bruce ought to start the same line up then adjust to what is needed during the game. (That is if he sees it in time)

Quote Originally Posted by ex_pat_magpie View Post
    I think Bruce ought to start the same line up then adjust to what is needed during the game. (That is if he sees it in time)
    He didn't realise the other night that Norwood was tearing us a new one.Was over the moon when he went off.
    Back to the thread though,same team for me.

Schar should be in the team, either cb for Dummet or cm for Hayden as he is better defensive and good going forward.

Is Schär not injured though?

We need to rotate, this is a busy month. Bring Atsu, Schar & the Longstaff boys in. ASM was clearly carrying an injury towards the end of the game. Almiron could do with a break

I'd say rotate as well.

But i expect the same team to start and to a large degree you can't blame Bruce, why would you change a team that has won and previously drawn with Man City.

He has been on the bench for the last two games. Unless Mike has told Bruce not to play him incase of injury, He could be on his way out.

If it had been a week since the last game and all were fit, I'm sure it would be the same team but with a 65 hour turn around there will be changes. SM took a knock on the ankle although I don't think it was that serious because, despite the ice pack, he was walking around after the final whistle.

Even so, I expect to see Atsu start ahead of SM, Joelinton ahead of Carroll, Schar ahead of one of the CBs. Not sure if Yedlin is fit yet but Kraft could even start too ahead of Wanquilo. I hope Shelvey is involved but Sean could start the game.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)