+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Christmas Twist.

The Christmas Twist.

its that time again....though actually, it seems its been that time for, some time, so much so that i'm beginning to wonder if it's worth taking down the decorations....whats the point ?

well, there is a point, but is theirs the one we imagine ?.....Baby Jesus - Family gathering - oh no, not more socks and undies !.....no, not really, it's about Fertility, the Winter Solstice, Saturnalia, Brumalia the Solar Feast of Natalis Invicti, Nimrod (great grandson of Noah) and his mother/wife, Semiramis.. .

Ok, so its not about Jesus, who, it's widely thought...was born during the feast of Sukkot, in the month of Tishri, or as we know it...September, and what of the Trees we lovingly decorate and surround with gifts ?....here we return to Babylonian times - and a nutter called Nimrod, there's more to it, but essentialy, after his death...his Wife/Mother, Semiramis became ruler of her son’s kingdom - and claimed Nimrod as the Sun G*d (son of G*d ?)

She also claimed that, Tammuz, her son, was brought into being by a beam of light - Claiming the baby to be a reborn reincarnate of Nimrod himsefl (Immaculate Conception).
    And so it went - Semiramis saw a full-grown evergreen tree spring from a dead tree stump, and that it was this that symbolized the springing forth unto new life of the dead Nimrod.
    So....On each anniversary of his birth, Nimrod would visit the evergreen tree and leave gifts upon it.....the tree symbolized that Nimrod had come to life again in Tammuz.

but hey - its about having a good time....just like the Romans, with Saturnalia -celebrating the birthday of the unconquered sun (Son).....when work and business were suspended. Slaves were even given temporary freedom -and moral restrictions were eased.

and lets not forget Father Christmas - that other long bearded G*D of Yule, Father jólfaðr, or Odin, who celebrates Midwinter with, feasting, drinking and more - Sun Worship - the Winter Solstice, birth of the Sun - Nativity of the Son....Nimrod.

Enjoy !

I tip my hat to you Norder, you took a lot more time than I would on your opening subject.

Quote Originally Posted by Altobelli View Post
    I tip my hat to you Norder, you took a lot more time than I would on your opening subject.
    didn't want to be too Bullish - Alto....besides, Orion and Flax needed a walk.

Quote Originally Posted by Norder View Post

its that time again....though actually, it seems its been that time for, some time, so much so that i'm beginning to wonder if it's worth taking down the decorations....whats the point ?

well, there is a point, but is theirs the one we imagine ?.....Baby Jesus - Family gathering - oh no, not more socks and undies !.....no, not really, it's about Fertility, the Winter Solstice, Saturnalia, Brumalia the Solar Feast of Natalis Invicti, Nimrod (great grandson of Noah) and his mother/wife, Semiramis.. .

Ok, so its not about Jesus, who, it's widely thought...was born during the feast of Sukkot, in the month of Tishri, or as we know it...September, and what of the Trees we lovingly decorate and surround with gifts ?....here we return to Babylonian times - and a nutter called Nimrod, there's more to it, but essentialy, after his death...his Wife/Mother, Semiramis became ruler of her son’s kingdom - and claimed Nimrod as the Sun G*d (son of G*d ?)

She also claimed that, Tammuz, her son, was brought into being by a beam of light - Claiming the baby to be a reborn reincarnate of Nimrod himsefl (Immaculate Conception).
    And so it went - Semiramis saw a full-grown evergreen tree spring from a dead tree stump, and that it was this that symbolized the springing forth unto new life of the dead Nimrod.
    So....On each anniversary of his birth, Nimrod would visit the evergreen tree and leave gifts upon it.....the tree symbolized that Nimrod had come to life again in Tammuz.

but hey - its about having a good time....just like the Romans, with Saturnalia -celebrating the birthday of the unconquered sun (Son).....when work and business were suspended. Slaves were even given temporary freedom -and moral restrictions were eased.

and lets not forget Father Christmas - that other long bearded G*D of Yule, Father jólfaðr, or Odin, who celebrates Midwinter with, feasting, drinking and more - Sun Worship - the Winter Solstice, birth of the Sun - Nativity of the Son....Nimrod.

Enjoy !
    Probably due to a lack of space you forgot to mention that the Santa in red and white that we know and adore was a Coca Cola invention (back in the 1930"s?).

Yet for all that the basic premise is one of love and goodwill to everyone.

Just a shame we don't always think like that on this Board.

It's not that bad on here, is it blueheeler1?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post

It's not that bad on here, is it blueheeler1?
    Anodyne it ain’t BT. If it was I think we’d just pack our bags and leave. I am reminded of Cloughie talking about board room discussions. I’d have my say and then the Chairman would have his say and then we’d both agree that I am right. A real character with flaws was Cloughie. In fact most heroes are like that. Anyway a Merry Christmas one and all to readers on this board.

I quote him to my sales colleagues, "I may not be the best salesman in the world, but I'm certainly in the top one!"

Quote Originally Posted by blueheeler1 View Post
    Probably due to a lack of space you forgot to mention that the Santa in red and white that we know and adore was a Coca Cola invention (back in the 1930"s?).
    ....Yet for all that the basic premise is one of love and goodwill to everyone.
    ...I was, more concentrating on it's earliest origins - but thanks for adding that fuzzy pop magic - Heeler.....it leads me to the dizzy heights of Rudolph - seems that, a fellow called Robert may, a copywriter working for Montgomary Ward at his Chicago department store (Sears-Roebuck) - wrote verses for distribution in colouring books for kids during Holiday Season....it was he who created a poem about a fictional reindeer with a shiny, red nose.

In 1939, booklets containing the poem about Rudolph were handed out to shoppers. In total, 2.4 million free copies of the story were given away that year, and Montgomery Ward customers picked up a further 3.6 million in 1946.

a little more on Santa Clause - seems he has an alter ego called Krampus, a half-goat, half-demon who, during the Christmas season -punishes children who misbehave.....it just happens that Krampen is a German word meaning - Claw, and that the word Satan....is an anagram of Santa.

Sinterklaas and his helpers have been linked by some to the Wild Hunt of Odin. While riding the white horse Sleipnir, he flew through the air as the leader of the Wild Hunt. He was always accompanied by two black ravens, Huginn and Muninn.These helpers would listen at the chimneys of the homes they visited - and tell Odin, about the good and bad behavior of the mortals below

Drifting back to another toy filled Slay (slave) Driver - St Nicholas, seems he was confused with a couple of Holy Men called "Nicholas of Myra, who died in 335, and Nicholas of Sion, who died in 564".....the two of them were merged into one around the 10th century by Symeon Metaphrast (St Symeon).

They were each known for miracles at sea, but Nicholas of Myra was thought to have traveled to Constantinople to plead for tax relief on behalf of the citizens of "Myra"....and is also thought to have intervened at the last moment to halt the execution of three individuals condemned by an unjust judge - The feast of Saint Nicholas is celebrated on December 6.
    Whats interesting here is, on that same date, was a festival in honor the birth of the Goddess Artemis (The Huntress).....It was Artemis that sent a wild boar to kill Adonis....after he continued to boast that he was a far greater hunter than her.....and iwas the Greeks who deified - "Nimrod" - as their god, Adonis.

Last edited by Norder; 08-12-2019 at 09:21 PM.

Bah Humbug.

the big day is nearly upon us - and the Sun is on pause - but come the 25th , will be born again - ready to take on it's journey North....ahhhh the Light - but lets not forget Orion...a conStellation whose rising and setting signaled the changes - and Poseidon, the Father, even gave the Orion power to Walk on Water - with its belt of 3 kings (wise men)...remember ? they who followed the nearby Sirius (Star of Bethlehem) to the birthplace - of the Son. Sun ?

Be well all - and enjoy !

and again - another regular.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)