+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Warne under pressure?

Warne under pressure?

He must be starting to feel the pressure now?
    We have scraped through games and struggled to find any consistency.

His post match comments yesterday beggars belief.
    We like to play with wingers and get crosses in.
    Then why start with Morris and leave Hastie on the bench?

I’ve only missed one home and away and we have been average for a large majority of the games with a lot of poor displays.

For me he’s taken us as far as he is capable of.
    Wouldn’t be disappointed if we made a change.

Last week there was a debate on here as to which strikers we should start with because we had a healthy choice of options and it was a great problem to have.
    Same with midfield and wingers
    Since the summer he,s converted an ok defender into the best one in the division
    He,s recruited the best keeper in the division.
    Olasunde and Lindsay are fabulous recruits
    I could go on......

So After a disappointing performance I don,t think it,s time for a change
    Last edited by flourbasher; 08-12-2019 at 09:56 AM.

I don't understand why Morris is being played wide, ahead of Hastie though ...unless Hastie has some fitness problem. Morris is capable of winning the ball in the air (although it could then go anywhere) and he is not fast, so makes more sense to put him up front in the middle, not out wide. If Morris was scoring regularly from playing wide, it might have some logic to it, but he isn't doing that.
    Last edited by mikemiller; 08-12-2019 at 10:05 AM.

Yes he is under pressure, he’s a manager and will always be under pressure when we lose games.

I just didn’t understand what the hell he was thinking yesterday tbh because his decisions were shocking (yes I know it’s easy to say when we lose)

I’m not sure about him losing his job tbh.
    However I’m sick of the usual tactics, slow build up play, players playing out of position.

We have a talented squad and we may look back and regret it not been used effectively.
    Warne is beginning to sound like a broken record.
    We simply don’t play well in enough games.

Were we not saying the same things the last time we were in this league bout the manager and bout the same time of year? He got us promoted. Let's see how this season pans out. I wouldnt be too disappointed if we are still in this league next season. It won't hurt us to be in this league next season if he fine tunes the team and have a proper go next season

Don’t think he actually knows his best side yet.
    Some of it down to injuries, some due to lack of form or indifferent performances from individuals.
    We’re quite capable, just need to get some positive consistency and players back from injury.

If he's not feeling the pressure he dam well should be. We have had some xlent displays but there has been just as many poor ones.
    When we loose it's usually because of square pegs in round holes or playing players who are carrying injury.

Morris shouldn't be in our reserves nemind the first 11. Mattock has just come back from injury and Morris gave him no protection. Morris doesn't score many. He can't cross the ball. He can't get by a fullback. So why play him out there!
    Not sure if it was my eyes but Robertson was running funny yesterday. He didn't win many in the air so why send cooper out on loan? Get him blooded FFS..
    Crooks is injured, give him the last 20 min and get 100% out of him instead of the lackluster 90 min were seeing.
    Because we're lop sided the midfield is getting pulled all over the place. Add to our poor tackling ability we are looking lightweight..
    A min of Another 8 games before we can see new personal, if warne thinks we need any

The question is where is the bar set at Rotherham this season ?

Has Warne a target of promotion straight back to the championship and if that doesn't happen then the season is classed as failure ? .

Let's say you make the playoffs but fail to get promoted , how would that be received ?

Quote Originally Posted by CASPER-64-FRANK View Post
    Don’t think he actually knows his best side yet.
    Some of it down to injuries, some due to lack of form or indifferent performances from individuals.
    We’re quite capable, just need to get some positive consistency and players back from injury.
    He should know his best team Casper. I'm sure you and I could put 11 names and 3 subs down on a bit of paper and at least 12 would be the same

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast