+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Warne under pressure?

Glorious chance to put pressure on the top 2 yesterday against a mediocre side but we blew it and aren't even in the play off positions now. We have some tough games coming up soon and I suspect by the end of jan we will have a good idea of how we will do this year, We have a young team and we are crying out for an old head in midfield to run the game for us.

I don't understand why Warne puts strikers on the wing . He did it with Smith and they are neither use nor ornament there. I have never rated Morris personally. His control of a ball is hopeless as is Vassells. He aint much chance as a winger if he cant get the ball under his spell. We either play him up front or not at all if he isnt cutting the mustard. I get the feeling his Norwich connections makes Warney try to accomodate him. We have wingers now so play the buggers Warney. Lamy scored 2 good goals for the reserves the other day. Better putting him in than an ineffective Morris.

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    He should know his best team Casper. I'm sure you and I could put 11 names and 3 subs down on a bit of paper and at least 12 would be the same
    A bit difficult if you’re preparing for a Saturday game and you pick an injury up in training.
    Robertson and Crooks are not fit.
    People on here asked for Lindsay to come back into the side, he did, however didn’t impress us apart from working hard that first half.
    Mattock has been missing for a while as well.
    Midfield atm is average to say the least.

Not the time to sack a manager.
    Who would we bring in ?
    Another journeyman that’s had more clubs than Tony Jacklin.
    Stick with him, if we’re top ten or even top six that will be fine for me.
    Still a lot to do.

A fair assessment Casp. It concerns me in general how many of our players looked unfit yesterday or semi fit. Robertson, Mattock, Lyndsey, Crooks.Arguably Olasunde and Wiles as well. There is a pattern here. We can't win games with a half knacked team Warne has got to look at his training regime...

Talk of sacking the manager is ridiculous, have a look at the league table.
    This is mostly a new team of young players so both must be given time.

Not suggesting we sack Warne but he needs to learn from his mistakes...football is not just about being superfit we need to have some basics ingrained into the team as well eg passing, shooting etc. We very rarely string more than 2 passes together and our shooting is generally woeful.

Well, I think he's dead man walking. One more poor home performance and he's gone. He's had his chance and to me he's blown it.

We have no divine right to go straight back up, even via the playoffs. Another season in this league would not be disastrous.

We are a young, work-in-progress team and manager.

I can't think of another, affordable, manager who would be doing a better job for us at the moment. You could maybe argue Ainsworth, but he will soon be unaffordable at our level.

I don't get the criticism of the training regime either (most of us don't see it). I don't hear criticism of Bielsa's boot camps, not doing them any harm.

For me, he needs at least this season.
    Last edited by PerigordMiller; 08-12-2019 at 12:30 PM. Reason: spilling

...just puzzled why so many of our players are knacked perigord...its either that or they are not playing well...I tend to give em the benefit of the doubt ie they are knacked...

They are super-fit whenever they get off the treatment table

Warne under pressure? He states he feels the pain of a loss but, his light hearted banter at times, when things should be spoken in a more mature approach makes you wonder if he's ever feeling pressurised.

Do we know what the Chairmans ambitions are this season? errrr no. Warne may well have been told to steady the ship and have another year in League 1 until the finances settle. Yes that sounds far fetched but how far from the truth?

His weird team selections at times have been ineffective and cost us, that's a way of making sure you don't go up don't you think?

Should he be sacked? No. Should training be stepped back and stop grinding the players into the ground just so they are super fit? I've never seen any team like ours of late where they are carrying so many injuries/ailments.

I'm all for Warne being in charge. We have a good set up with some very good players (when fit), and we have enough quality in the side to make the top 6 come the end of the season. I just wish the worm (Warne) would turn and show an angry side to his make up but, that will never happen to Mr Happy. The term Chalk and Cheese definitely fits when comparing no nonsense Evans and Warne. The odd bark and bite from a Manager never hurt anyone but our players have their bellies rubbed more often than not.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast