+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rumour mill....

Rumour mill....

Allegedly, Hastie isn't performing well in training and showing a bad attitude....like I say a rumour. With the situation like it is, the rumour continued stating he's going back in January, surely this isn't true?

Thing is, with a lad with as much ability that he has, also he's super fit as he showed that yesterday, is the rumour correct? It appears Warne uses him if he is really forced to, why else would he not have started him on the left with Oggy on the right to attack from both flanks from the offset?

Anyone dispel this rumour or, know more about the alleged situation?

Brin.

Pocket knows a bit about this he was telling us last week. He will be probably get recalled in January.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Allegedly, Hastie isn't performing well in training and showing a bad attitude....like I say a rumour. With the situation like it is, the rumour continued stating he's going back in January, surely this isn't true?

Thing is, with a lad with as much ability that he has, also he's super fit as he showed that yesterday, is the rumour correct? It appears Warne uses him if he is really forced to, why else would he not have started him on the left with Oggy on the right to attack from both flanks from the offset?

Well I did hear from a good sauce (Daddies) that he hasn't been responding well to training, in particular he has an allergy to green tea, doesn't like toasted marshmellows, forgets the words to "Kumbaya" and he didn't burst into tears when Pollitt left.

Plus being called Hastie the manager was finding it hard to think up a nickname for him.

Clearly a bad egg

Quote Originally Posted by Yak View Post
    Brin.

Pocket knows a bit about this he was telling us last week. He will be probably get recalled in January.
    Yak, can you expand a little more?

I think the reason is because Hastie is crap. He was good for three games. Done nothing since. A flash in the pan.

Morris also has a bad attitude. Another ineffective player.

They both can go for me and I woulds lose zero hours sleep over it.

Strange that he's hardly been mentioned on here while we were winning..

Quote Originally Posted by the_idiotb_stardson View Post
    I think the reason is because Hastie is crap. He was good for three games. Done nothing since. A flash in the pan.

Totally disagree, he came on yesterday and totally changed our attacking option down the left flank. Not one or two but taking three players on at time and he still managed to get crosses in. No IBS, you're wrong on this occasion. Yes Morris can go and I wouldn't lose sleep over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Well I did hear from a good sauce (Daddies) that he hasn't been responding well to training, in particular he has an allergy to green tea, doesn't like toasted marshmellows, forgets the words to "Kumbaya" and he didn't burst into tears when Pollitt left.

Plus being called Hastie the manager was finding it hard to think up a nickname for him.

Clearly a bad egg
    Grist, change the record fella, getting boring now.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post

I said something about Hastie a few weeks ago.
    A friend of mine is managing director of a company who are the major sponsors of Motherwell which is where Hastie started his career.
    I spoke to him in the early days of Hastie's loan when he was looking sharp and scoring regularly and he said Motherwell had made him a really good offer to stay but Rangers proved too strong a pull for him and off he went.
    He also said that Hastie was a difficult character and that he had been a bit of a "bad egg" at Motherwell so they weren't too surprised or disappointed when he chose to leave.
    I told him Warnie only liked players who were decent characters so he said he would be interested to hear if Hastie's loan continued to go well because he had his doubts.
    I am only posting this as background in relation to your post and have no idea if there is or has been a problem with him at Rotherham. I will say, however, that he did look quite threatening and sharp when he came on yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by the_idiotb_stardson View Post

I tend to agree with this.
    Hastie went off the boil after a great start and I was pleased when he was dropped.
    He looks the part but there,s no end product. He doesn't create clear openings for himself and doesn't produce that killer pass for others. It's generally just a decent but hopeful rather than measured cross into the box

He did seem to benefit from a rest and did ok yesterday. Still no end product though but to be fair he did have three players marking him so perhaps a bit unfair to criticise yesterday

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast