+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

Thread: Tuesday night

So now you are looking forward to seeing utd playing just decent football again. Not good or great just decent. So now it seems we are not even watching decent football. You should go watch Barca as you are clearly struggling at our level

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    Was that Csaba or Mixu
    Super Ray! Remember top at Christmas with Hibs behind us! What went wrong there?

I'm gonna stick my neck out a wee bit here, not like me eh? But I think jjaflup is talking about the silky incisive possession based football we enjoyed when we had GMS Jonny Russell and Armstrong etc, which was a joy to watch. I'm the first to agree that Neilson has struggled to make us really fluid consistently over 90 minutes but you have to remember jjaflup we are still building. The quality has definitely improved, obviously not to where you want to see it but it has improved, even I can see it watching the videos of games and the odd live stream on tv.
    I think a wee bit more patience might be rewarded, meantime let's enjoy dominating a league we've struggled in for 3 years and look forward to adding more quality before we have to face tougher games in the Premiership.
    No?

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    Super Ray! Remember top at Christmas with Hibs behind us! What went wrong there?
    I was at the Hibs game at Tannadice when Rays mate got sent off and Cummings scored for them in a 1-0 defeat. Some of the worst football I have ever witnessed from men in Tangerine and I was totally embarrassed in front of my Spanish guest. Dire, in fact dire is too complimentary.
    Times like that make you appreciate what's getting built now.

Nobodys saying we are at that level. How could we be? But I think what has got to me is the repeated statements that we are not playing any decent football recently. In my opinion that is a ridiculous thing to keep saying. But if we can continue improving, make it back up then we can hopefully kick on even more.

If we are looking for examples of good performances then you don't have to go very far. Alloa at home on Saturday past for instance. While the result was close we absolutely battered them and the team, quite rightly, got a great reception from the fans at the end.

Agree. Up until their freak opener we were direct,quick, sharp & creating lots of chances. The exact opposite of boring & negative

I'm gonna stick my neck out a wee bit here, not like me eh? But I think jjaflup is talking about the silky incisive possession based football we enjoyed when we had GMS Jonny Russell and Armstrong etc, which was a joy to watch. I'm the first to agree that Neilson has struggled to make us really fluid consistently over 90 minutes but you have to remember jjaflup we are still building. The quality has definitely improved, obviously not to where you want to see it but it has improved, even I can see it watching the videos of games and the odd live stream on tv.
    I think a wee bit more patience might be rewarded, meantime let's enjoy dominating a league we've struggled in for 3 years and look forward to adding more quality before we have to face tougher games in the Premiership.
    No?
    Essentially yes, but with a different manager! 🤣 🤣 🤣

Quote Originally Posted by jjaflup22 View Post
    Essentially yes, but with a different manager! �� �� ��
    That's progress! Ok, so why change the manager in the summer when there's clear signs he's improving us?
    If we go up as champions surely hes earned the right to keep building towards August 2020?

That's progress! Ok, so why change the manager in the summer when there's clear signs he's improving us?
    If we go up as champions surely hes earned the right to keep building towards August 2020?
    Uch I've gone through this so many times and my opinion hasn't changed. He's stubborn, negative, still can't even get them to pass a ball!! (as was seen on Tuesday night) He has benefited hugely by new owners who have opened the purse strings in a way that previous managers didn't. To be honest I think I could get us promoted with the competition in the league this season and a striker like LS.

😉

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)