+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Tuesday night

The weather forecast is the worst of the storm will be in the afternoon and by kick off will have died down considerably. The question will be how much the deluge would have affected the pitch by that point.

The rain has been on for the past week...non stop. Today is dry but it's meant to be back on from midnight! I will very surprised if Greenock as a whole isn't underwater by tomorrow night. I personally don't think it will be on of the forecast is right....the wind alone maybe enough to call it off!

IF! the game goes ahead, what are the opinions on the team?

I would like same again, but if Smith, Clark and Watson have taken knocks, i would rather they were rested. However, Connolly and Shankland can fill 2 of these positions, but Watson on the face of it is the only cover at RB!

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    IF! the game goes ahead, what are the opinions on the team?

I would like same again, but if Smith, Clark and Watson have taken knocks, i would rather they were rested. However, Connolly and Shankland can fill 2 of these positions, but Watson on the face of it is the only cover at RB!
    Robbie in the Courier saying that Shankland will get game time. As to Smith Clark and Watson it depends on the knocks. We cant just afford to rest players, we need to go all out to maximise this gap into January.
    Oh aye and Pawlett re injured himself on Thursday.
    Last edited by stokearab; 09-12-2019 at 08:40 PM.

If it goes ahead will be very tough game, given the likely conditions and their home record

Would bite the hand off for any kind of win.

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    If it goes ahead will be very tough game, given the likely conditions and their home record

Would bite the hand off for any kind of win.
    Agreed, take the 3 points over the performance definitely. 3 points and no injuries and I'll be ecstatic

Planning on going, is there a scheduled pitch inspection?

Latest from Morton Twitter that no pitch inspection planned and pitch coping with heavy rain

Sounds like GAME ON

Probably suits them to get the match on and Morton and Hopkins will like these kind of conditions.

Sort of match where we need to battle and win.

COME ON UNITED

Definitely high winds etc make this a tougher prospect against a team with a very decent home record...win would be huge.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)