+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Tuesday night

Quote Originally Posted by Arabdownsouth View Post
    Of course you pay your money and entitled to your opinion, just seems unduly negative considering how the season is going
    At this level winning is all that matters, and that's great but in the future I would like to watch some decent football.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitfieldarab View Post
    That's bollox.

We were awful tonight, couldn't pass the ball 10 yards to each other, all of our midfield were rotten as we're our full backs and Appere. Shankland and Benji played no bad and Watson & Reynolds were excellent....... but that was tonight.

We've been very good on the eye for the most part since QOS away and that's down to the manager imo and I'd gladly retain his services WHEN we go up next season and beyond.
    Conditions probably contributed to tonight's performance but three points nevertheless. Agree though, we have been excellent of late and if we can win when off form then **** it I'll take it with both hands. Hopefully Mcmullan's injury not too bad as we will definitely miss him.

Quote Originally Posted by jjaflup22 View Post
    At this level winning is all that matters, and that's great but in the future I would like to watch some decent football.
    But until tonight the football has been very good so not really getting where you're coming from tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitfieldarab View Post
    That's bollox.

We were awful tonight, couldn't pass the ball 10 yards to each other, all of our midfield were rotten as we're our full backs and Appere. Shankland and Benji played no bad and Watson & Reynolds were excellent....... but that was tonight.

We've been very good on the eye for the most part since QOS away and that's down to the manager imo and I'd gladly retain his services WHEN we go up next season and beyond.
    It really shows how starved of decent football we've been that you think recent performances have been 'very good on the eye'. Everything you have said about tonights performance are the things that have plagued us all season, yet the manager still hasn't sorted them out.

But until tonight the football has been very good so not really getting where you're coming from tbh.
    No, the results have been very good, the football has been OK.

Conditions probably contributed to tonight's performance but three points nevertheless. Agree though, we have been excellent of late and if we can win when off form then **** it I'll take it with both hands. Hopefully Mcmullan's injury not too bad as we will definitely miss him.
    The conditions actually weren't that bad really. Pitch was fine, a moderate wind and about 15 minutes of rain at the start of the 2nd half. It was just a bad game from both teams but I'm just happy as fk for the win.

Quote Originally Posted by jjaflup22 View Post
    Maybe you missed 4-1 and 3-0 v ICT, 6-0 v Morton, 2-0 (going on 8) away to Dunfermline, 6-2 and 2-0 on the Funsters and an excellent 3-0 v QOS. I’m realistic with things after the last few seasons disasters and at this stage I’m simply looking for improvement and green shoots and it simply cannot be denied that that is what we have seen the last 12 months. Make no mistake we have a long way to go - I reckon we’re still a good 3 years away yet from being anywhere close to what we were before the Snake sold the family silver but RN is undeniably taking us in the right direction. We’re not going to be brilliant every week, no team is, but so long as the general trend is upward we can’t complain - and that is certainly what is currently happening.
    Last edited by JamesMcClean; 10-12-2019 at 10:45 PM.

Utterly unbelievable. There has been some great football played. Not every game of course & some matches have been a mixture of good & indifferent but it beggars belief that you cannot acknowledge when some decent stuff has been on show

Quote Originally Posted by Bannons boots View Post
    Utterly unbelievable. There has been some great football played. Not every game of course & some matches have been a mixture of good & indifferent but it beggars belief that you cannot acknowledge when some decent stuff has been on show
    This

Quote Originally Posted by Bannons boots View Post
    I have acknowledged improvement in attitude but to suggest anything that we have watched in the last year has been 'great football' is what really beggars belief.

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)