+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Player of the season

Player of the season

Is it too early to name my mate Tosin?

He does have a touch of PL class - it has to be said.
    If he can stay fit, he will be up there.

Tosin is so assured and such a good influence on Lenihan. I was hoping we would be able to try and buy him? City look like they could do with him back at the moment.
    It's the best centre half partnership we have ever had under Mowbray, because they are 2 good centre halves by trade.
    Mulgrew wasn't a CH, or Rodwell. Williams will never be commanding enough, and Downing was rarely paired with Lenihan. Going back to this playing players in their actual position. It's no coincidence we are now in good form.
    Taking Bennett out of this side has been the biggest factor I feel. Nyambe is a proper RB. And is playing well.
    No dodgy pens getting given away every week, no bad luck.

Dack was my mom on Sat. He was nothing short of brilliant. He ran the game in midfield, was the spear head of every attack, and is our match winner (apart from Sat when Arma stepped up). He is my only real concern going forward, his contract has run down to 18 months remaining, and in this form, clubs will be looking at him. Maybe WBA will come back in for him? I hope not.

It seems TM and Dack have a plan about his future.

Quote Originally Posted by seventwo View Post
    It seems TM and Dack have a plan about his future.
    Well, I still don't see him up in the Prem. Unless we make it. But I wonder what kind of price tag he has, and if anyone in the Champ can afford him.
    I see Leeds are considering a bid for Dwighte Gayle? Which makes no sense? I'd buy Dack,he is far more effective.
    But hopefully he stays. Things are positive at the moment, so I think it will take alot to prize him away.

I would imagine we will want around 20 million and given his unpredictable nature,many teams will be put off by that price tag.
    On to player of the season so far
    Tosin is a good shout but for me it has to be travis.
    His transition from the reserves to first team has been seamless.
    It seems almost unbelievable that if it wasn't for the smallwood ban he would of been loaned out to a league one team.

I can't understand why Smallwood is staying around? He's a good Div1 player and is too good to not be playing. We have moved on past this sort of player now.

Disagree on Travis, yes he's done well to get in the team but he has had some awful performances. If Bennett played as poorly he would be crucified.

This is one of the few times we disagree sven.
    He drives forward and looks composed in the centre,yes he makes the odd mistake but at that age you would expect the odd one.

Good player, bright future.
    Player of the season, could be, but not thus far

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)