+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sports personality of the year

Sports personality of the year

Ben Stokes is the 2019 Sports Personality of the Year!

In second place is Lewis Hamilton.

In third place is Dina Asher-Smith.

That program made brexit coverage look interesting

Crap! Someone who was kept out of jail by the skin of his teeth for affray, had a one off brilliant innings in a test match, which is the complete opposite to a man who has won an incredible 6 yes 6 World Championships in Formula 1 Racing.

There's no comparison, Stokes is a one trick pony and won't repeat the heroics like he showed in that one innings against the Aussies.

Meanwhile, Hamilton will go all out and race and incredible 21 times next season just to try to win the title again. Meanwhile Stokes may turn in a couple of talked about innings , if he's lucky.

Maybe Hamilton doesn’t gel with the BBC audience?

Being a bit light on the “sport” and “personality” bits

Overall it was a crap program with too much preaching, rescued a bit by two contrasting contributions, Doddie Weir and “I’ve been in the sauce” Denis Law

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Crap! Someone who was kept out of jail by the skin of his teeth for affray, had a one off brilliant innings in a test match, which is the complete opposite to a man who has won an incredible 6 yes 6 World Championships in Formula 1 Racing.

There's no comparison, Stokes is a one trick pony and won't repeat the heroics like he showed in that one innings against the Aussies.

Meanwhile, Hamilton will go all out and race and incredible 21 times next season just to try to win the title again. Meanwhile Stokes may turn in a couple of talked about innings , if he's lucky.
    Give over Brin he produced absolute pure magic under intense pressure on the two biggest stages in cricket , a World Cup Final and an ashes test that would had we lost given the urn to OZ and won it from a position of boys comic proportions .

You'll not see that kind of drama in one summer from one bloke ever again .

I take your point about Hamilton but to just so what it at Ben Stokes is well wide of the mark .

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Maybe Hamilton doesn’t gel with the BBC audience?

Being a bit light on the “sport” and “personality” bits

Overall it was a crap program with too much preaching, rescued a bit by two contrasting contributions, Doddie Weir and “I’ve been in the sauce” Denis Law
    You either like F1 or you don't and personally its not my cup of char .

But in my opinion Ben Stokes had non cricket fans glued to the tv and going through the emotions , that's powerful .

Lewis Hamilton maybe the best I don't know but it doesn't quite reach out beyond those that like the sport .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Give over Brin he produced absolute pure magic under intense pressure on the two biggest stages in cricket , a World Cup Final and an ashes test that would had we lost given the urn to OZ and won it from a position of boys comic proportions .

You'll not see that kind of drama in one summer from one bloke ever again .

I take your point about Hamilton but to just so what it at Ben Stokes is well wide of the mark .
    animal, like I said, one day, we won on the day, we didn't win the Ashes. Stokes was magic on the day I watched it but ONE day doesn't make you worthy of winning something that's based over a season.

You have your opinions I have mine fella, we'll leave it at that...

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    animal, like I said, one day, we won on the day, we didn't win the Ashes. Stokes was magic on the day I watched it but ONE day doesn't make you worthy of winning something that's based over a season.

You have your opinions I have mine fella, we'll leave it at that...
    Brin r lass hates cricket but she was absolutely absorbed by the two Ben Stokes days last summer .

She could barely watch the world cup final , went in the garden for the super over because if we'd lost it would have hurt her , it's England mate that's what it does .

That's why he won mate because when we won the world cup and he hit THAT four to win us the Leeds test match she was jumping up and down like I was , thrilled to bits .

He won because of the drama of it voted for by people who weren't even cricket fans .

Lewis Hamilton not even on the same page Brin despite his brilliance .

He has a bad crash , misses races as a result , comes back 20 points behind the leader and wins the championship by one point in the final race I'll vote for him no problem .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    You either like F1 or you don't and personally its not my cup of char .

But in my opinion Ben Stokes had non cricket fans glued to the tv and going through the emotions , that's powerful .

Lewis Hamilton maybe the best I don't know but it doesn't quite reach out beyond those that like the sport .

I think Hamilton is one if the best but his performance is strongly linked to the car he’s sat in.

F1 has changed so much it’s impossible to compare him to previous champions when a crash often meant a death.

The difference between Stokes &Hamilton,Stokes lives in England & plays for England & the team,Hamilton doesn’t live in England doesn’t play for England & doesn’t care what team he’s in so long as it’s the best.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast