+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Chesterfield in the FA Trophy Next Week.

Quote Originally Posted by BanjoPie View Post
    Does anyone actually care about this tinpot trophy?
    I do. Unlike that sh1t cup we had to play in previously with the PL U23's this is Non Leagues version of the FA Cup. A great chance to get to Wembley and a competition we should be taking seriously . . . like the league!

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    I do. Unlike that sh1t cup we had to play in previously with the PL U23's this is Non Leagues version of the FA Cup. A great chance to get to Wembley and a competition we should be taking seriously . . . like the league!
    so you mean lose the match then?

It would be nice to go to Wembley, but I can't get excited about the cup itself. It's just confirmation of how **** we are these days.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    It would be nice to go to Wembley, but I can't get excited about the cup itself. It's just confirmation of how **** we are these days.
    We are where we are, we are not special, that said this is a competiton we really should be looking to do well in.

Quote Originally Posted by BanjoPie View Post
    so you mean lose the match then?
    I think I get the gist of your reply?!

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    We are where we are, we are not special, that said this is a competiton we really should be looking to do well in.
    I know we're not special. I said we're ****.

Of course, as we are where we are, we might as well try and win the thing. But a trip to Wembley in the final of the FA Trophy will always be bitter-sweet for anyone who supported us during the 90s or earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    I know we're not special. I said we're ****.

Of course, as we are where we are, we might as well try and win the thing. But a trip to Wembley in the final of the FA Trophy will always be bitter-sweet for anyone who supported us during the 90s or earlier.
    I don't disagree, I started in the '70s so consider myself to be very lucky in that respect. That said we are a non league and playing in a non league cup competition, I'll quite happily take any joy I can out of the current situation should the opportunity arise. Let's be right, if we manage to win it and even get promotion again in the future at least we can look back and say "bleddy hell we were sh1te, but at least we were the best of the sh1te!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12