+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Replay Eastleigh

I shall be there along with three others but given the weather I'd have thought we'd be lucky with a 3,000 gate.

Behind Chuma, Lowery was the best player on the pitch. Finney was very ineffectual and should have been subbed a lot earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by whosbrianwilson View Post
    Behind Chuma, Lowery was the best player on the pitch. Finney was very ineffectual and should have been subbed a lot earlier.
    Would disagree with you on Lowery. Yes at least in this game he did try, but the goalie and all of the defence were faultless for 90 minutes. Dale and Powell were much more influential. All round I felt it was a good performance and I was extremely pleased.

By all means criticise me or feel free to disagree with me, but your comments about a young lad who is just starting his career is completely unnecessary and utterly distasteful. I do hope you are proud of yourself.

I personally thought Finney made a good contribution.

I disagree re Lowery. Since Xmas I kept wondering why he was not in the team. Last night he started the move that made the second goal by reading their pass and intercepting the ball. Watch his movement in the game not just on the ball but off it, watch how he covers players who have moved out of position, look who is always on the edge of the box demanding the ball.
    He reminds me a lot Lunty at his age. Yes he will misplace a pass but that is because he sees a lot of the ball and in the last few days has become a marked man as the opposition realise he is a threat with his passing.
    I agree re Finney comments but find it hared that you defend him by saying he is a young lad starting his career, when he is actually older than Lowery !!!! All be it by 2 weeks o)

I'm not convinced yet by Finney. However, he did get into three excellent scoring positions but didn't manage to score. Getting into those positions is an advantage he has over Lowery but then Lowery is involved in so much else.
    Lukcour, obviously you have a point of view and you should continue to express it but I don't understand what you have against Lowery. However, I am open to an explanation.

I have to confess that I had a grumpy time for the last 20 minutes. I'm glad that Artell has said nothing about 'game management'. I get really irritated by switching play from 30yards from the opposition goal back to our goalkeeper/ defence. It only encourages the opposition into our own half. If they want to 'manage' the game then they should keep the ball on the sidelines or corners in the opposition half. Or better still just keep scoring goals!!

I don't see how WbW's comments about O Finney can be deemed distasteful. He was only expressing his polite and measured opinion about a young emerging player, similar to yourself who constantly derides another young player....P K B?
    Address for Christmas card available on request.

I have never denied the fact that I do not rate Lowery. For me his problems are obvious. That some people choose to class him as our best player and our greatest cash asset is something I have never understood, but of course that is their opinion and their right.

Simply because I do not rate him does not give me the right to constantly go on about the weaknesses I see in his game. I have to remember that he is still a young player who may in the future come good. For that reason I choose not to deride him.

For me on a regular basis Wintle is a far superior player whose all round game is improving every month. I also consider that Ng, Pickering, Kirk, and Dale are better prospects. All these players and I have still not mentioned one of our squad players who apparently on the "scouts grapevine" is being talked about as the real deal.

For me on a regular basis Wintle is a far superior player whose all round game is improving every month. I also consider that Ng, Pickering, Kirk, and Dale are better prospects..... Agree totally

For that reason I choose not to deride him......really?!

I guess we all get blind spots about players. I think Lowery is a grand prospect only held back by his lack of height - still, that hasn’t hampered young Lionel too much! My blind spot is Kirk, talented but wasteful in my humble opinion. I would have him off in most games but my mate says he’s always likely to score or create a chance. Well the stats suggest he takes longer to score and longer to create a chance than young Tom so far this season..... maybe that’s because he spends too much time moaning at all and sundry. Grow up and fulfil your obvious potential son!!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast