+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Replay Eastleigh

Replay Eastleigh

So...don't count our chickens, after all they've beaten us at home before. Early goals are what we need, emphasis on the plural!
    We need to move the ball around quickly and for every player to put in the full 90 minutes. We also need to shoot on sight. We won't score unless we put the shots I
    I'm going to take a risk and say 2-1 to the Alex.

Anyone going???

Well I hope for the best and that we progress to the next round. However our second half display was a shocker and to be honest unacceptable. To avoid a repeat believe that changes in our team are essential. Agree that EVERY player has to put in the full 90 minutes.

My team would be GK Jass RB Johnson CB Hunt CB Nolan LB Pickering. Midfield Ng, Finney, Wintle. Widemen Dale and Kirk. Stiker Porter.

For me that would be a better balanced and more competitive team.

Got my ticket and ready to go. Counting the hours.

I'll be there

Lukcour, I know you don't rate Lowery but to my mind he is much more impactful than Finney
    My big worry for tomorrow is that usually when having had a 'free' weekend, the Alex are very flat and lacking energy in the following game. It sounds counter-intuitive but that's what my previous experiences tell me.

Did you consider his or Greens second half display impactful? I certainly did not. On that display neither of them deserve a place on the team.

No, I didn't. I've given my thoughts about Green elsewhere on other postings. I agree that Lowery's 2nd half performance wasn't great but neither was anyone elses (Jaskelainen excepted). However, I feel that Tommy has done plenty in most other matches to warrant a pretty safe place in the team. Maybe Finney needs an extended run to make an impact but I'd rather it wasn't at the expense of Lowery.

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    No, I didn't. I've given my thoughts about Green elsewhere on other postings. I agree that Lowery's 2nd half performance wasn't great but neither was anyone elses (Jaskelainen excepted). However, I feel that Tommy has done plenty in most other matches to warrant a pretty safe place in the team. Maybe Finney needs an extended run to make an impact but I'd rather it wasn't at the expense of Lowery.
    Unfortunately I have to work and will not be there. After a weekend free of football the players should be full of energy and Eastleigh had a game. The players will be aware of the poor performance they put in during the second half and hopefully they will be in the right frame of mind to win this match . I will go for a score of 3-0 to the Alex

We'll do your cheering for you!🙂

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast