+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Why did no one tackle Son ?

Why did no one tackle Son ?

Having seen the goal by Son more than once I am baffled why he was allowed to go through so many players to eventually score the goal of the season. I really like him as a player and think he is very much under rated by the football media , not getting anywhere near the credit he fully deserves for his performances week in week out. However, when you see a goal like that scored against your own team ,questions have to be asked.
    It reminded me very much of the occasion when Burnley played at Elland Road and were heavily beaten and I think Eddie Gray was allowed to do what he wanted just like at Spurs on Saturday. Is it that difficult to at least attempt to tackle an opponent. Oh how I wished Burnley had a player like Son. A wonderful talent, who stays in the background ,but so important to Mourinho. I just hope it doesn”t happen again.

Having watched it three times now and relived it in two consecutive nights of hot sweated nightmares, why the phook did Pieters not take him out?

When I played if you did not "take one for the team", you did not play next week.

Why allow Harry Kane to go on the inside, not make a challenge and then shake your head when the ball hits the back of the net like it's arrived by Exocet?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Having watched it three times now and relived it in two consecutive nights of hot sweated nightmares, why the phook did Pieters not take him out?

When I played if you did not "take one for the team", you did not play next week.

Why allow Harry Kane to go on the inside, not make a challenge and then shake your head when the ball hits the back of the net like it's arrived by Exocet?
    True Bt and what’s more we’d have passed the mantle around between us if we were getting hurt by an exceptional player Ie , I get him first , you next , and so on, not to injur someone butbdef to stop them.

Quote Originally Posted by army88 View Post
    True Bt and what’s more we’d have passed the mantle around between us if we were getting hurt by an exceptional player Ie , I get him first , you next , and so on, not to injur someone butbdef to stop them.
    Bardsley would have 'fettled' him early doors, however, our fans don't like that --it's not football!

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    Bardsley would have 'fettled' him early doors, however, our fans don't like that --it's not football!
    There's one fan here who does!

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)