+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: OT... If you love our country.....

Quote Originally Posted by claw84 View Post
    Wardy, I will give you a thoughtful argument why not to vote for Corbyn, when I along with fellow Marines were being shot at by the IRA in Belfast Corbyn was marching with IRA supporters on London streets. If that is the sort of man you wish to be our PM I despair.
    You right wingers like to stick labels on people don't you, " commie" " traitor" " "tree hugger" " enemies of the people".

Jeremy Corbyn has always sided with the underdog and in my opinion always been on the right side of things. You talk about Northern Ireland. Corbyn supported the Civil Rights movement there.
    I think a little bit of historical context might help and might demonstrate how the IRA came to be seen as the defenders of the Catholic population.
    In 1969 the Civil Rights movement started a campaign for one man one vote in Northern Ireland. Remember this was 1969 in the cradle of democracy that was Britain. Well behind other European Western Democracies.

They also campaigned for fairness and justice in social housing

The Unionists would gerrymander constituent boundaries which meant there was always a Protestant majority hence leaving Catholics politically unrepresented.

Harland and Wolf the biggest employer in Belfast would only employ protestants.

There was a group of auxiliary police called the B Specials again 100% recruited from the Protestant community.

In 1969 a Civil Rights March from Belfast to Derry was continually attacked on the route by loyalists ably aided and abetted by the B Specials, who would soon be disbanded due to their thuggish behaviour, ( I served with one in the RAF and what a thuggish slob he was). Fifty seven people were hospitalised. When the marchers reached Derry that was when the trouble started.

In Belfast in what was described as a " pogrom" dozens of Catholic houses were burned to the ground and hundreds had to flee their homes. Eight people were murdered

Out of this emerged the IRA as defenders of the Catholic/Nationalist population.

Corbyn supported the Civil Rights Movement but if you and your fellow travellers want to portray him as pro IRA because it feeds the narrative, then you will.

As this is a Barnsley site, perhaps it's fitting to leave with the words of Second World War veteran, member of the Labour Party and Barnsley lad Harry Smith who died in 2018 age 95

" I cannot sit back in good conscience while the world my generation built is left to turn feral in the hands of right wing populists and indifferent capitalists"

Vote Labour tomorrow, vote Jeremy Corbyn

Quote Originally Posted by Wardy View Post
    You right wingers like to stick labels on people don't you, " commie" " traitor" " "tree hugger" " enemies of the people".

Jeremy Corbyn has always sided with the underdog and in my opinion always been on the right side of things. You talk about Northern Ireland. Corbyn supported the Civil Rights movement there.
    I think a little bit of historical context might help and might demonstrate how the IRA came to be seen as the defenders of the Catholic population.
    In 1969 the Civil Rights movement started a campaign for one man one vote in Northern Ireland. Remember this was 1969 in the cradle of democracy that was Britain. Well behind other European Western Democracies.

They also campaigned for fairness and justice in social housing

The Unionists would gerrymander constituent boundaries which meant there was always a Protestant majority hence leaving Catholics politically unrepresented.

Harland and Wolf the biggest employer in Belfast would only employ protestants.

There was a group of auxiliary police called the B Specials again 100% recruited from the Protestant community.

In 1969 a Civil Rights March from Belfast to Derry was continually attacked on the route by loyalists ably aided and abetted by the B Specials, who would soon be disbanded due to their thuggish behaviour, ( I served with one in the RAF and what a thuggish slob he was). Fifty seven people were hospitalised. When the marchers reached Derry that was when the trouble started.

In Belfast in what was described as a " pogrom" dozens of Catholic houses were burned to the ground and hundreds had to flee their homes. Eight people were murdered

Out of this emerged the IRA as defenders of the Catholic/Nationalist population.

Corbyn supported the Civil Rights Movement but if you and your fellow travellers want to portray him as pro IRA because it feeds the narrative, then you will.

As this is a Barnsley site, perhaps it's fitting to leave with the words of Second World War veteran, member of the Labour Party and Barnsley lad Harry Smith who died in 2018 age 95

" I cannot sit back in good conscience while the world my generation built is left to turn feral in the hands of right wing populists and indifferent capitalists"

Vote Labour tomorrow, vote Jeremy Corbyn
    Top post Wardy
    Read it & reflect Claw

I stand by my original post and would like to add that Corbyn vowed to respect the 2016 leave vote in the 2017 election. but he did not he has blocked us leaving every which way, The man is sticking 2 fingers up at the millions of loyal Labour supporters that voted to leave, enough said. Thanks for the potted history of Northern Ireland, I was very much aware of the problems there as I went in 69 with the spearhead battalion, I did 3 tours. Not the only conflicts either, I served on active service in Aden, South Arabia and Borneo and received a citation from the Queen. That does not make me right wing, it makes me a Patriot.

Meanwhile we look forward to seeing you guys down the Den on the 21st, you are always welcome, especially Acido.

Wow Claw, you've opened up right can of kick-ass here lol.
    I was challenged about this at work recently, I dont and wont vote ever again tbh, and I got the 'your a disgrace for not making the effort to vote' etc.
    Well, surely thats my right to do as I want isn't it, and I couldn't care less if it annoys people.
    ALL of them are as bad as each other, and I refuse to vote because Ive got no confidence in them.

Tahh for the invite Claw kid, Ive never been to the West Ham area before.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    I dont and wont vote ever
    Evil flourishes when good men stand aside and do nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    Evil flourishes when good men stand aside and do nothing.
    Hey uncle SB lol, did you find that phrase in a cheap christmas cracker or summat ?.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Hey uncle SB lol, did you find that phrase in a cheap christmas cracker or summat ?.
    It's up to you Acido if you vote or not because that bunch of tossers in the commons all said they would honour the result of the referendum 3 and a half bleeding years ago, there are a load of people that won't vote this time.
    Looks like the Tykes playing a lot better recently, is that your opinion, so is Tom Bradshaw after his year off. Go and beat those Royals tonight. We beat the Robins last night.
    Last edited by claw84; 11-12-2019 at 03:30 PM.

It's up to you Acido if you vote or not because that bunch of tossers in the commons all said they would honour the result of the referendum 3 and a half bleeding years ago, there are a load of people that won't vote this time.
    Looks like the Tykes playing a lot better recently, is that your opinion, so is Tom Bradshaw after his year off. Go and beat those Royals tonight. We beat the Robins last night.
    It makes me wonder Claw, if we had a 'new' Brexit vote again this week instead of a General election, and if we all went with the same votes again... would the government reject it yet again because its not what they wanted from the majority ?.

As for us Tykes, Id rather talk about politics right now and that really is saying summat from me!!.
    We've been sold up the river by our owners, but in all fairness thats for a different thread, we dont want to bore the political fans by talking about footy do we.

I stand by my original post and would like to add that Corbyn vowed to respect the 2016 leave vote in the 2017 election. but he did not he has blocked us leaving every which way, The man is sticking 2 fingers up at the millions of loyal Labour supporters that voted to leave, enough said. Thanks for the potted history of Northern Ireland, I was very much aware of the problems there as I went in 69 with the spearhead battalion, I did 3 tours. Not the only conflicts either, I served on active service in Aden, South Arabia and Borneo and received a citation from the Queen. That does not make me right wing, it makes me a Patriot.

Meanwhile we look forward to seeing you guys down the Den on the 21st, you are always welcome, especially Acido.

Congratulations on your Queens citation and extensive military CV. Just wondering Mr non right wing Patriot, out of interest who will you be voting for ? As for the history lesson, you're never too old to learn

Surely its not a matter of voting for Corbyn or any other individual. Shouldn't we be voting for party policies. We are either for or against the dismantling of the Welfare State, increasing privatisation of the NHS, the increasing squalor of our towns and cities, inadequate public transport, flogging council houses, inadequate dental services, closing Youth Clubs and libraries, lots of second rate schools, under employment and a blustering liar for a Prime Minister.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast