+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: OT... If you love our country.....

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    It makes me wonder Claw, if we had a 'new' Brexit vote again this week instead of a General election, and if we all went with the same votes again... would the government reject it yet again because its not what they wanted from the majority ?.

As for us Tykes, Id rather talk about politics right now and that really is saying summat from me!!.
    We've been sold up the river by our owners, but in all fairness thats for a different thread, we dont want to bore the political fans by talking about footy do we.
    Id rather talk about politics right now [/quote]
    we dont want to bore the political fans by talking about footy do we. [/quote]
    Both your quotes in two lines & contradictory
    Congratulations on being welcomed onto the Millwall board
    For a Barnsley fan that's some achievement

Quote Originally Posted by KINDERSCOUT View Post
    Surely its not a matter of voting for Corbyn or any other individual. Shouldn't we be voting for party policies. We are either for or against the dismantling of the Welfare State, increasing privatisation of the NHS, the increasing squalor of our towns and cities, inadequate public transport, flogging council houses, inadequate dental services, closing Youth Clubs and libraries, lots of second rate schools, under employment and a blustering liar for a Prime Minister.
    Summed up perfectly KS

Quote Originally Posted by claw84 View Post
    I stand by my original post and would like to add that Corbyn vowed to respect the 2016 leave vote in the 2017 election. but he did not he has blocked us leaving every which way, The man is sticking 2 fingers up at the millions of loyal Labour supporters that voted to leave, enough said. Thanks for the potted history of Northern Ireland, I was very much aware of the problems there as I went in 69 with the spearhead battalion, I did 3 tours. Not the only conflicts either, I served on active service in Aden, South Arabia and Borneo and received a citation from the Queen. That does not make me right wing, it makes me a Patriot.

Meanwhile we look forward to seeing you guys down the Den on the 21st, you are always welcome, especially Acido.
    I think Barnsley fans would be about as welcome at the Den as british troops in Ireland or most other places we have stuck our noses in around our imperialist world

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    Id rather talk about politics right now
    we dont want to bore the political fans by talking about footy do we. [/quote]
    For a Barnsley fan that's some achievement[/QUOTE]

Dont tar them all with the same brush Exile, and I admit thats a bad mistake I made some years ago, before I got chatting to some of them.
    I put sarcy smiley faces at the end of those comments, are you really so daft Exile that you cant see that, or are ignorantly refusing to see that ?.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    we dont want to bore the political fans by talking about footy do we.
    For a Barnsley fan that's some achievement[/QUOTE]

Dont tar them all with the same brush Exile, and I admit thats a bad mistake I made some years ago, before I got chatting to some of them.
    I put sarcy smiley faces at the end of those comments, are you really so daft Exile that you cant see that, or are ignorantly refusing to see that ?. [/QUOTE]

Id rather talk about politics right now is your quote not mine so why have you deliberately misrepresented the quote & tried to make it appear that I said it?
    Talk about you not trusting politicians .......with your sort of skulduggery who needs politicians
    but then you've got form in that department haven't you
    & yes I did notice your emojies which I believe were intended to make your comments light hearted which they weren't

Aww a box of tissues please for this sorry little person called 'Exile'. Hes upset again, and hes crying his eyes out on here about summat, yet again (maybe hes homesick lol).

Quote Originally Posted by Wardy View Post
    You right wingers like to stick labels on people don't you, " commie" " traitor" " "tree hugger" " enemies of the people".

Jeremy Corbyn has always sided with the underdog and in my opinion always been on the right side of things. You talk about Northern Ireland. Corbyn supported the Civil Rights movement there.
    I think a little bit of historical context might help and might demonstrate how the IRA came to be seen as the defenders of the Catholic population.
    In 1969 the Civil Rights movement started a campaign for one man one vote in Northern Ireland. Remember this was 1969 in the cradle of democracy that was Britain. Well behind other European Western Democracies.

They also campaigned for fairness and justice in social housing

The Unionists would gerrymander constituent boundaries which meant there was always a Protestant majority hence leaving Catholics politically unrepresented.

Harland and Wolf the biggest employer in Belfast would only employ protestants.

There was a group of auxiliary police called the B Specials again 100% recruited from the Protestant community.

In 1969 a Civil Rights March from Belfast to Derry was continually attacked on the route by loyalists ably aided and abetted by the B Specials, who would soon be disbanded due to their thuggish behaviour, ( I served with one in the RAF and what a thuggish slob he was). Fifty seven people were hospitalised. When the marchers reached Derry that was when the trouble started.

In Belfast in what was described as a " pogrom" dozens of Catholic houses were burned to the ground and hundreds had to flee their homes. Eight people were murdered

Out of this emerged the IRA as defenders of the Catholic/Nationalist population.

Corbyn supported the Civil Rights Movement but if you and your fellow travellers want to portray him as pro IRA because it feeds the narrative, then you will.

As this is a Barnsley site, perhaps it's fitting to leave with the words of Second World War veteran, member of the Labour Party and Barnsley lad Harry Smith who died in 2018 age 95

" I cannot sit back in good conscience while the world my generation built is left to turn feral in the hands of right wing populists and indifferent capitalists"

Vote Labour tomorrow, vote Jeremy Corbyn
    Wow , top post Wardy , however I can't vote for Corbyn because of the party's position on brexit so I'm sitting this one out .

This is what I believe has occured around towns like Barnsley , the post reflects a huge number of opinion regarding our electorate , however it's not necessarily my own personal view .

The Labour Party have lost trust around these parts because they have deserted the working class in favour of immigration ( globalisation ) , multi culturalism and rubbed our noses in diversity , this has changed communities around here beyond recognition .

When people objected they were called bigots , they then decided to ignore the result of the referendum .

Little wonder a Labour win in Barnsley East and Central isn't guaranteed tomorrow .

The whole "the tories will sell the NHS" is total bunk. The NHS is a political football that all parties use, and without it, they wouldn't be able to sucker anyone. And who would buy it? Its an absolute money pit, loses money all the time. But I agree with the original point, corbyn is a communist, plain and simple, he hates the working class and he'd have us all eating our pets if we gave him the keys to downing St.

[QUOTE=animallittle3;39381226]This is what I believe has occured around towns like Barnsley , the post reflects a huge number of opinion regarding our electorate , however it's not necessarily my own personal view .

The Labour Party have lost trust around these parts because they have deserted the working class in favour of immigration ( globalisation ) , multi culturalism and rubbed our noses in diversity , this has changed communities around here beyond recognition .

When people objected they were called bigots , they then decided to ignore the result of the referendum .

Little wonder a Labour win in Barnsley East and Central isn't guaranteed

The only thing I can argue against that post Animal is it's the whole political system that's at fault. MPs pushing their own views into the ring instead of doing what the majority asked.
    I voted remain. But I respect the result so should the mps who are elected to represent the country.
    For me now democracy is dead in this country.
    Who ever wins friday morning are we going to get protests wanting another vote because people don't agree with the result as with Brexit

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast