+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Joelinton v Carroll

Joelinton v Carroll

It's turning into a no contest.

Carroll was the reason we won today - he is physical, direct and his passing is decisive. Joelinton can leave. I don't buy into the 'give him time to settle and get used to the PL' argument. He's a big lad and so there's no way he should be falling over every time he gets into a shooting position. He does play a few nice, short passes in midfield but there are no other positives and that isn't good enough for a main striker.

Sorry to say I'm starting to see a Riviere.

It's a big concern that Andy isn't fit enough and is likely to be crocked again shortly. Joelinton isn't making the grade and Gayle looks well off form.

Does anyone know how long Joelinton's contract is?

Quote Originally Posted by toptoon View Post
    It's turning into a no contest.

Carroll was the reason we won today - he is physical, direct and his passing is decisive. Joelinton can leave. I don't buy into the 'give him time to settle and get used to the PL' argument. He's a big lad and so there's no way he should be falling over every time he gets into a shooting position. He does play a few nice, short passes in midfield but there are no other positives and that isn't good enough for a main striker.

Sorry to say I'm starting to see a Riviere.

It's a big concern that Andy isn't fit enough and is likely to be crocked again shortly. Joelinton isn't making the grade and Gayle looks well off form.

Does anyone know how long Joelinton's contract is?
    It had to be an Ashley money laundering deal as there is no way in this world that he is a £40 million pound player

He brings nothing to the table

He is being played out of position. Remember when Perez was. He needs to be played to his strength. I think then we would see something different. He is under pressure to be the target man which he is not. Bruce needs to recognise that and start to play him on the wing or off center.

Joelinton is Shi he
    Big Andy not much better imo

We have what we have; best to try and get the best out of him.

Quote Originally Posted by Curian View Post
    We have what we have; best to try and get the best out of him.
    ....... warming the bench?

I 100% agree that £40 million was to much - wasn't it something to do with his agent?

However, he is being played out of position. He's not a target man and wasn't played as one in his previous clubs.

In the contest of Carroll v Joelinton for target man - hands down Carroll wins.

If we played Carroll as a target man with Joelinton in his prefered position just off him, who knows what might happen.

Quote Originally Posted by toptoon View Post
    ....... warming the bench?
    lol maybe..but might become an expensive super sub

You could not tell which one cost 40Million. Does anybody train our strikers to finish. You would think that they only found out you are supposed to kick the ball through the Big White Rectangle at the start of the match. They thought you were supposed to either hit a post or go for the extra coversion point. To find out that Joselu in on fire scoring for fun in Spain is annoying. Joelinton's best season was 15 goal playing in Austria on loan from Hoffenheim. He has never been called up to the u21 or Brazil first team. He played 4 u17 games and scored 2 goals. The Brazilian coaches must of recognised that when he gets near the goal he thinks for too long about what celebration he will dust off or he might try one of the fancy high five fist bumps the Tottenham players do. He Practices his Celebration for 6 hours a day with Miggy often forgetting to practice their shooting. They should decide before the match so they only have to remember to shoot when infront of the goal and then the Captain remind them which celebration they spent a week perfecting while the defenders practice shooting so Miggy and Joelinton can be assured that their incompitence with a football from 5 yards from goal does not cost too many points a season.
    Rant over I hope they both get a goal soon even if it bounces in off the back of their heads and also santa gets them some proper football boots so they can stop wearing roller skates to play.
    Miggy is desperate for just 1 goal and I think he will calm down and stop rushing and flapping at shots.
    With Schar back Miggy and Joelinton know that Schar could replace them up front.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Kirkland View Post
    You could not tell which one cost 40Million. Does anybody train our strikers to finish. You would think that they only found out you are supposed to kick the ball through the Big White Rectangle at the start of the match. They thought you were supposed to either hit a post or go for the extra coversion point. To find out that Joselu in on fire scoring for fun in Spain is annoying. Joelinton's best season was 15 goal playing in Austria on loan from Hoffenheim. He has never been called up to the u21 or Brazil first team. He played 4 u17 games and scored 2 goals. The Brazilian coaches must of recognised that when he gets near the goal he thinks for too long about what celebration he will dust off or he might try one of the fancy high five fist bumps the Tottenham players do. He Practices his Celebration for 6 hours a day with Miggy often forgetting to practice their shooting. They should decide before the match so they only have to remember to shoot when infront of the goal and then the Captain remind them which celebration they spent a week perfecting while the defenders practice shooting so Miggy and Joelinton can be assured that their incompitence with a football from 5 yards from goal does not cost too many points a season.
    Rant over I hope they both get a goal soon even if it bounces in off the back of their heads and also santa gets them some proper football boots so they can stop wearing roller skates to play.
    Miggy is desperate for just 1 goal and I think he will calm down and stop rushing and flapping at shots.
    With Schar back Miggy and Joelinton know that Schar could replace them up front.
    They should rename Almeron Jigsaw as he falls to pieces every time you put him in the box

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)