+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: tickets for FA cup v Hull

tickets for FA cup v Hull

So - initially the club is only planning to sell tickets, to home fans, in the North and East stands.
    Tomorrow (10th) season ticket holders can buy tickets for their own seats, but only in those two stands, or any non ST seats in those two stands.
    On Wednesday ST holders can buy any unsold seats in those two stands.
    West stand seats will only be sold if the other two more or less sell out.

As a West Stand ST holder - who would much prefer to sit in my usual seat do I

a) Go down tomorrow and buy a ticket in a stand I would normally choose not to sit in, for a seat that nobody wanted a ST for
    b) Go down on Wednesday and buy a ticket in a stand I would prefer not to sit in, after the season ticket holders for those stands have had their pick
    c) wait and hope that the West stand eventually opens up and I can get a seat somewhere near where I would like to sit
    d) come to the conclusion that, if the club are of the opinion that so few people are bothered about this game, perhaps I shouldn't be bothered either - particularly in view of the 12:01 kick off

I'm sorry to say that I am leaning towards d)

Crap isn’t it! I’d rather sit in my seat on the West stand, so I’m going to leave it for a week or so to see if they open parts of the West stand.

Think i'll be d) too Wrinkly if i can't have my West Stand seat. Terrible PR by the club.

Quote Originally Posted by Timbertop View Post
    Think i'll be d) too Wrinkly if i can't have my West Stand seat. Terrible PR by the club.
    I agree about the terrible PR.

The club are delivering a message that this is not an attractive enough fixture to warrant opening all the home stands.
    Perhaps they are right but it's hardly "selling" the game is it?
    Self-fulfilling prophecy?

If they don't open the West Stand to season ticket holders I won't be going.

No I agree I was going to go since il miss New Year’s Day game but I don’t like idea of not sitting in my seat

So if Man Utd were the opposition and you couldn’t sit in your seat would you still not go?

Thought not.

Quote Originally Posted by Back of the net View Post
    So if Man Utd were the opposition and you couldn’t sit in your seat would you still not go?

Thought not.
    No I wouldn’t believe it or not it’s not about who we play it’s about where you sit. I get there’s fans out there who couldn’t care less if they can see any of the action but go for different reasons like atmosphere and to get drunk with mates but I like sitting where I can see both ends of pitch equally

Quote Originally Posted by Silly-miller View Post
    No I wouldn’t believe it or not it’s not about who we play it’s about where you sit. I get there’s fans out there who couldn’t care less if they can see any of the action but go for different reasons like atmosphere and to get drunk with mates but I like sitting where I can see both ends of pitch equally
    Everyone should stand their ground. No west stand then don’t attend on principal. Very poor view by the club and poorly managed. It’s just after the New Year and we’re facing a higher division club, in the 3rd round so, it should be a decent gate.

If the club don’t want to put on extra stewarding for the sake of opening another stand .....then forget about any new signings in January because this shows their feeble mentality.

I went to Maidenhead and Solihull.
    I don’t mind being moved from my seat to accommodate away fans.
    I draw the line at being forced into another area.
    If it was Man Utd they wouldn’t be allowing 5 tickets per person
    There’s around 6k season ticket holders, if they can’t sell 6k tickets for the 3rd round then the town of Rotherham doesn’t deserve a football club.
    Let’s wait and see if they have to open the West Stand by demand of tickets.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast