+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Possibilities for January

Possibilities for January

Would love us to look at Ampadu at Chelsea and Guendouzi at Arsenal. Looking at current wage structures at Chelsea and Arsenal those two players are well within our finances. The only issue would be transfer fees. If you don't ask you don't get. Also Watkins at Brentford, Bowen at Hull and Flint at Cardiff. Come on you directors there are many players out there within our grasp. We might not get all but at least 2 would be a start.

Not Flint. Lacking pace and turned too easily.Championship player at best.

Just been looking at the various salaries at all the premier league teams and it is clear a lot can be done with little cash as long as you can target the right players and mould them accordingly. For example Sheff Utd wages are so low it is ridiculous but look at there placing in the league, if they can repeat the feat next year I don't know, but there are lots of rated players that are well within our wage structure. It is very surprising who is on what wage.

https://www.spotrac.com/epl/

May be but he does get a fair share of goals where ours hardly ever contribute to the goals tally.

Aye there is loads to choose from, but you forget Lancaster, the players we go for are mostly past it, so we'll be looking at some bargain basement players unfortunately, like the ones below

James Milner, Ashley Young, Wes Morgan, Glen Murray, Leighton Baines, Pablo Zabaleta, Billy Sharp, Christian Fuchs, Olivier Giroud, Shane Long and many many more.

Quote Originally Posted by Altobelli View Post
    Aye there is loads to choose from, but you forget Lancaster, the players we go for are mostly past it, so we'll be looking at some bargain basement players unfortunately, like the ones below

James Milner, Ashley Young, Wes Morgan, Glen Murray, Leighton Baines, Pablo Zabaleta, Billy Sharp, Christian Fuchs, Olivier Giroud, Shane Long and many many more.
    I get your point and may be you are right but there are many players who are not has beens earning far less than our players so may be we can encourage them with higher wages

Some folk on here call me a sad moany old man Lancaster, I'm not really and will make a joke out of every situation in my personal life, as you only live once and you are a long time dead.

I have watched our beloved Clarets (as you and others have) from the depths of the fourth Division and nearly bowing out of it all together, I have watched us again reach our top division with first Owen Coyle then Sean Dyche, something I would never of thought of again in my lifetime.

We both know Football is not what it was and its changed, for me for the worst, we have been in the top tier for the past 4 years and its the only place to be money wise, but I've seen especially the last 2 years the still peevish way BFC are, I don't want to throw the whole kitchen sink at it, but at least show some character and willing to try and improve the team/squad, and get rid of the attitude of "we cannot compete", if we stopped wasting good money on players who do not figure in the first 11 we would have even more money wasting in the dry powder room itching to be spent wisely on prolonging our PL venture.

I'm not a moaner Lancaster, I just want the powers than be to show more bollox with intent to want to stay in this league for the Football Club and especially for its fans, something I cannot see happening

so we'll be looking at some bargain basement players unfortunately,
    "Looking" being the operative word I suspect Alto, if we sign anyone who can walk straight in and strengthen the first team, I'll show my arse in Burton's window.......probably.

Does a leopard ever change its spots? We've been in and out of the EPL for 10 years and we've never speculated to accumulate points.

Sadly, I anticipate the mileage on the Terrier Taxis fleet will not be seriously added too in January.

Attachment 14532

Some folk on here call me a sad moany old man Lancaster, I'm not really and will make a joke out of every situation in my personal life, as you only live once and you are a long time dead.

I have watched our beloved Clarets (as you and others have) from the depths of the fourth Division and nearly bowing out of it all together, I have watched us again reach our top division with first Owen Coyle then Sean Dyche, something I would never of thought of again in my lifetime.

We both know Football is not what it was and its changed, for me for the worst, we have been in the top tier for the past 4 years and its the only place to be money wise, but I've seen especially the last 2 years the still peevish way BFC are, I don't want to throw the whole kitchen sink at it, but at least show some character and willing to try and improve the team/squad, and get rid of the attitude of "we cannot compete", if we stopped wasting good money on players who do not figure in the first 11 we would have even more money wasting in the dry powder room itching to be spent wisely on prolonging our PL venture.

I'm not a moaner Lancaster, I just want the powers than be to show more bollox with intent to want to stay in this league for the Football Club and especially for its fans, something I cannot see happening
    I must be the same moany old man then because I agree completely with your thoughts and opinions. Our club sells itself short forever pleading poverty.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)