+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Stendals reply

It still makes no sense.
    With their principles we'll never even become an established bottom half Championship club, and they're never going to make more than a couple of million quid divvied up between several very wealthy people. It's not worth the bother. They could make more doing something they knew something about.
    I like a bet but I wouldn't waste my time flying to Vegas to play poker for matchsticks.
    With their money they could afford to buy Newcastle. Instead they've bought Barnsley, FC Thun and they're trying to get their hands on Partick Thistle.
    If you were playing Monopoly and had all the money in the bank would you just buy Old Kent Road and the Angel Islington?
    If we had owners of average wealth who were honest and open about their intentions I'd be grateful and more than happy.
    If our present owners were prepared to take the occasional gamble, and risk a small loss on a player with a view to progressing the club I'd accept that. But to insist on balancing the books every transfer window at the expense of progression is unacceptable.
    Happy Xmas Bill.

Quote Originally Posted by Barnsley Chop View Post
    Keep posting Bill, good to have different views

Agreed

Do we actually know it wasn't this Championship club (possibly Huddersfield) who made the first approach to Stendel and wanted it kept quiet until a deal was possible. This is what usually happens, the club approach a manager on the quiet through an agent rather than the other way round. Just wondering.
    Maybe it was this club that was in the wrong. A still think thuz mooar to cummart.

There's more to come out that's true.

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    Have you ever applied for a job whilst in employment Bill
    Would you tell your employer that you were going to because if you did I would think you'd be out on your ear & especially with this lot of honourable no marks
    According to Hoss they are here to grow the club
    Tell me bill have you seen any evidence either on or off the field
    Oh I forgot the hand driers & the fans financed pre match tents
    Nothing has improved on or off the pitch. They don’t own the football ground though so nothing will change there

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123