+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Stendals reply

They told the Nice fans they were there for the long term.

Three years and legged it with the money.

I dont blame Herr Daniel for being interested in wanting to talk to some other clubs. He was given the shaft by our owners, and Im sure most of us would have done the same as well wouldn't we ?.

So there you have it.No matter how you dress it up he went behind the board and supporters back.As a loyal Reds fan I expect my manager to act in the same manner and show loyalty to the people who supported him ( like me ) and the people who pay his wages.Like someone said earlier he had the chance to deny the charges and he hasn't.
    As for Nice personally I don't give a monkeys but if you can buy a club for 30m and sell it for 90m there's no need to be there for the long term.If I were a Nice fan I'd be more concerned with Mr Radcliffes motives more than Mr Lees.
    Hope you all have a great Christmas. Bill

Quote Originally Posted by bill46 View Post
    As for Nice personally I don't give a monkeys but if you can buy a club for 30m and sell it for 90m there's no need to be there for the long term.
    I agree if your sole purpose in buying Nice was to make money. Hoss was telling Nice fans they were there for the long term to build a team. Sound familiar ?
    They have spent the first part of this season buying FC Thun and trying to buy Partick Thistle rather than focussing on Barnsley FC.

You too mi owd

So there you have it.No matter how you dress it up he went behind the board and supporters back.As a loyal Reds fan I expect my manager to act in the same manner and show loyalty to the people who supported him ( like me ) and the people who pay his wages.Like someone said earlier he had the chance to deny the charges and he hasn't.
    As for Nice personally I don't give a monkeys but if you can buy a club for 30m and sell it for 90m there's no need to be there for the long term.If I were a Nice fan I'd be more concerned with Mr Radcliffes motives more than Mr Lees.
    Have you ever applied for a job whilst in employment Bill
    Would you tell your employer that you were going to because if you did I would think you'd be out on your ear & especially with this lot of honourable no marks
    According to Hoss they are here to grow the club
    Tell me bill have you seen any evidence either on or off the field
    Oh I forgot the hand driers & the fans financed pre match tents
    Last edited by Exiletyke; 11-12-2019 at 05:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    Have you ever applied for a job whilst in employment Bill
    Would you tell your employer that you were going to because if you did I would think you'd be out on your ear & especially with this lot of honourable no marks
    According to Hoss they are here to grow the club
    Tell me bill have you seen any evidence either on or off the field
    Oh I forgot the hand driers & the fans financed pre match tents
    I would have had more respect if he gone through the proper channels and asked the board if he could talk to whoever the other club was but he didn't.Not only go behind his paymasters back he was trying to get deals for his coaching staff too.In my eyes Exile that's bang out of order.I loved the man but I feel betrayed by his actions.They explained the sale of Potts to help balance the books after relegation.The other way is to do what Patrick did which was loan the club money to offset any debt.In the days of John Denis etc if the club had debt player sales would cover the debt.As for the club growing they made clear there strategy from day one and so far they haven't deviated from it.Would I welcomed a couple of older players or loanees,course I would if they could help improve the side.If Barnsley aren't successful there plans will have failed and they'll not get money back for failure.In the Summer we sold 3 players who wanted to leave.Apart from Moore where we could maybe have played hard ball with him and made him stay for another season Pinnock and Lyndsey would not sign new contracts so we cashed in instead of the club losing money in the long term.
    I think the sales fetched in approx. 8million and our incomings were approx.6 million with money promised for the January window.Thank you for reading I hope you take in one or two things I have written if not it doesn't matter because we all have views and opinions and that should be the right of everyone who takes time to post.Have a good night 3 points hopefully.Got to go now time for a couple of pints before kick off. You Reds

With respect bill I asked if you had seen any evidence of the club growing on or off the field because I haven't save for a few hand driers
    & fan financed tents for pre game They have not improved your match day experience.....have they?
    It's now come to light that the club were actively seeking Stendels replacement behind the scenes which I think is bang out of order & I believe Struber was the third one to be interviewed two others having turned us down
    Now do you think they they told Daniel what they were up to?
    Last edited by Exiletyke; 11-12-2019 at 06:35 PM.

I remember when this clubs focus first and foremost was to win games of football and try to be as competitive as they could .

It's always sold it's best players to make ends meet or not stand in the way of a player whose ambitions the club couldn't meet .

All I see today is a club who are more interested in the future value of the players it recruits and not necessarily how successful they can make us on the field .

If fans are happy to see us strengthen Preston , Brentford , Stoke City , Birmingham City , Reading or Millwall whilst we relegate ourselves doing so then knock yourselves out .

It's no longer for me .

Keep posting Bill, good to have different views

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast