+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Some good news

The team appears to be suffering from anxiety and this means that players are not going to gamble but instead play it safe. The crowd then get anxious and frustrated with the players for not taking risks or being more attacking, which causes more anxiety and so the circle begins. Let this not detract or be an excuse from the fact that performances have simply not been as a good for the past six weeks as they were throughout September and October.

The good thing about players like O'Brien is he is one who can help the team get past this mentality and has the confidence to take chances and risks to make something happen in a game.

We need to take teams to the sword more especially at home. Just imagine if we came out all guns blazing and up for it and attacked for that first ten - fif**** minutes and the crowd really got behind the team. The opposition would be frightened to death and we might even get some early goals.

We did fine in this respect on Saturday but when we went a goal up we didn't go on to try and get that second goal. Instead we let the opposition settle into the game and they grew into it and got stronger.

We had 76 minutes to push for a second goal. After half time we could have come out the blocks all guns blazing again for 15-20 minutes to push for the second goal which would have killed the game had we scored. Its at that point we could have tried to contain and maintain possession and saw the game out.

The problem we have is that opposition teams are coming to Meadow Lane and they look more fresh, energetic and "up for it" and this is the fine line that is helping them leave with points and why we are not winning games. Our quality is far better than many teams that visit but unless we show and demonstrate as much fight, passion and energy and hunger as the opposition we are going to struggle to pick up points.

It makes me wonder if having played 24 games by the start of Christmas isn't taking it's toll on the regulars and it needs an injection of energy and hunger to fresh it up.

Quote Originally Posted by gozzie321 View Post
    I can never understand why we don't play a more attacking style of play. We have, arguably, the best squad in the division, yet our slow build hardly gives our attackers a chance. With O'brien back surely now is the time to start entertaining us fans before the crowds start to dwindle.
    This is his style of football whilst he is here as manager it is not changing he hasn't gone from his template style in over a year so he won't change now.

We just have to see the season out and hope 4 teams are worse than us then get rid of him as it doesn't look like the Danes are going to fire him anytime soon.

You are spot on about the crowds though as this style will mean we could be playing in front of less than 3000 before the season ends.

I was thinking about a half season ticket, no i want to be entertained not tippy tappy across the back 4, press high and quickly.
    Can not see much changing this season so i will wait until the summer even then with less funds available it could actually get worse.

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    I think Doyle and Rose are the only two players of quality we have and if O'Brien is introduced it will certainly upset the perfect balance and undo the cohesion of the team achieved by Ardley's undoubted genius. No, leave O'B out, the team is just about to come good and show us promotion form, don't upset the applecart for a ha'poth of tar.
    You can take your tongue out of your cheek now before it gets stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    You can take your tongue out of your cheek now before it gets stuck.
    Thann-woo,

Good opportunity to wean JOB back in a fairly pointless game.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12