+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Daryl Murphy snorts coke on night out

Daryl Murphy snorts coke on night out

In late 2018, Murphy was banned for six weeks for failing a drugs test, testing positive for cocaine but was kept hush hush, was suspended by the FA for 6 weeks between Oct 6th and Dec 8th 2018 on his return from the suspension he played the very next game and about 95% of games that followed to the end of the 2018/19 season but then on 2 September 2019 Nottingham Forest and Murphy mutually agreed to terminate his contract

So the question is which other Forest players were partaking in this extracurricular activity as its rarely just one doing it is it?

I guess also it didn't break any club rules on disrepute either then seeing how he wasn't sacked right after serving his FA imposed sanction, so the club decided to do nothing and start him the very next day, so that smacks of double standards from all the forest fans that chastigated Derby for playing Lawrence and Bennett

Bet Tricky will have an excuse though !

Of of course, drinking and driving is much worse than snorting coke on a night out, funny thing is though the inbreds over on LTLF came up with a story that Keogh was found with a bag of the white stuff which is why he was sacked, was it true, how would they know anyway, who knows, personally I think its sh it stirring ball cox

Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post
    Bet Tricky will have an excuse though !
    Tricky won't have an excuse!!

He should be banned for life and any person in sport caught with drugs as well.
    As for the club, I'd have love to have known about it and would have screamed for him gone.
    Apparently the FA put the lid on it, to protect the player.
    Now if the 3 amigo's come out as drugged as well as pissed, will you retract your defense stance?

The threads about Daryl Murphy not Keogh or the others, the clues in the title thicky so don't turn it into a Keogh was unfairly treated while the other two got off. The point I was making is why Forest chose not to do anything, surely the club must have known about the failed drugs test, the FA suspension right, did this not bring the club into disrepute? Clearly not because he started the very next game and the subsequent 18 or so after that, so taking cocaine at Forest appears to allowed it would seem, love to hear Forests take on it

"The Football Association has a policy of not naming players in drugs cases, so it is only now, because of Murphy's own admission that the offence and subsequent ban have become public knowledge."
    So, this is why we have only just found out.
    Granted, the club could have handled better, maybe terminating his contract and saying he left the club " by mutual consent ", and making " no further comment at this time".
    Personally, if I had known at the time, I would have wanted him out of the club there and then. I'm now glad he's no longer at Forest.
    And it's here where the difference lies; Derby fans dont mind Lawrence and Bennett staying..

So I'll say again, if the 3 amigo's are in this boat, will you say the same?
    For all you know the club is covering it up.

Keogh sacked, but the other 2 not?
    Just remind me again, isn't Keogh contesting his sacking? Lots on here say he doesn't have a case? Or does he now?

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    And it's here where the difference lies; Derby fans dont mind Lawrence and Bennett staying..
    What the fans want and what they get are 2 different things though and that goes for both our clubs, its what the club wants or whats best for the club as has been stated by our club, for the record I stated right from the outset that I'd transfer list both but I don't pay the bills. There will be Derby fans around that still want both them out, me included.

But yet seemingly Forest were fine with Murphy taking cocaine and played him for the rest of the season without a even a hint of disrepute

As for the club, I'd have love to have known about it and would have screamed for him gone.
    Now if the 3 amigo's come out as drugged as well as pissed, will you retract your defense stance?
    Tricky that certainly was a well kept secret but why would the FA want to protect the player
    As for the 3 amigo I've heard that Keogh was found with a blond wig ,black Basque ,stockings and a balcony bra That's where the gross misconduct came in that they sacked him for He lost his appeal because he wouldn't admit he had a problem So there you have no more arguing he's been harshly treated

Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post
    Tricky that certainly was a well kept secret but why would the FA want to protect the player
    As for the 3 amigo I've heard that Keogh was found with a blond wig ,black Basque ,stockings and a balcony bra That's where the gross misconduct came in that they sacked him for He lost his appeal because he wouldn't admit he had a problem So there you have no more arguing he's been harshly treated
    I'd have thought if that were the case he would have escaped a sacking seeing as he met so many criteria! Whats the problem with going out wearing a basque and suspenders? By the way you don't need a bra if your wearing a basque..just saying

Tricky...not being insulting but you do seem to have a populist and over simplified attitude to so many things.

Brexit...it’s either in or our...decide which side you’re on.

Lawrence and Bennett...drink drivers should face an automatic prison sentence.

Murphy...should be banned for life for taking coke!

Why?
    Brexit...that’s being covered elsewhere so let’s leave that one.

Drink driving...sure some people should be imprisoned in relation to drink driving offences but there are degrees of culpability. Should, for example, the driver who has a little knock - possibly through no fault of his own - on the way to work the morning after a ‘session’ and proves marginally still over the limit be treated the same as someone who has a ‘skinful’ and goes racing around a city centre or down country lanes at ‘breakneck’ speeds? In my opinion...no.
    Murphy...why should players taking recreational drugs be ‘banned for life’? I’d possibly agree if they were performance enhancing drugs but otherwise I just don’t see it.

Murphy, Lawrence and Bennett have all broken the law...I agree...but should they all lose their jobs and careers too? In these instances I honestly don’t know what that serves.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)